cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

InputField DatePicker Questions

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can I catch DatePicker events?

Can I control the format of dates selected with DatePicker?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ken,

Create a simple type in the local dictionary with Built-In type as Date.In the 'Representation' tab, under the header, 'External Representation' specify the format required, for eg. as:'dd-MM-yyyy'.

then assign this type to the context attribute which u use for the date picker.

this will give the date in the required format.

regards

Shyam.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shyam,

That's pretty much what I was looking for, BUT, I was hoping that dd-MMM-yyyy would display the month as text following SimpleDateFormat spec. Any idea on how to get month as text?

Thanks!

Ken

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ken,

To get month as text,

in the 'External Representation' specify the format as:'dd-MMMM-yyyy'.

regards

Shyam.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shyam,

When I pick May 9, 2006 with the DatePicker, it shows up in the input field as: 09-055M-2006. Then when I move the cursor to another field it changes to: 09-055M-2005

However, the validation correctly provides the message: Please give value in form 25-November-1987.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Ken

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ken,

Sounds like a bug -- the pattern is correct, but only 3 letters of pattern used for month (of 4 specified).

You can try dd-MMM-yyyy -- this should allow input for 25-Nov-1987. If this works then it is definitely a bug of WD HTML client.

VS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ken,

Yes, you can. Refer <a href="http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/4a/05ad3e1d1edc61e10000000a114084/content.htm">Web Dynpro DateNavigator</a> for a detailed explanation.

Bala