Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need input for my requirement?

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI all,

I have requirement like this.

Client have this existing logic.

The javascript downloads the exchange rates from the internet site abc.com by using the user name for xxxx and stores in the .CSV file .

Another Vb.net program takes that file and reformat it to suit SAP and saves in our file server for pick up.

Now my client want to do it in using PI7.1

How to do it.Please give your inputs.

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Simply create a Soap client which sends all the request data to PI. Based on this request data, you have 2 option.

1. Without BPM make Soap lookup to website abc.com and get the exchange rates and put this to file

2. With BPM use sync send step to get multiple values as response from Website and map it to file.

Regards,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply.

Can we do like this.

we can ask the client if they have the webservice for that site....if they have we can go with SOAP adapter and do the scenario.

Can we do this same scenario with HTTP adapter.

Please tell me can we go with above options.

If we can go with HTTP please suggest how to do the scenario.

Thanks.

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The difference with http would be that it won't allow Lookup of data and therefore there is no possibility to avoid BPM. You need to use the second point I mentioned and perform synchronous send in BPM.

Regards,

Prateek

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can make use of a BPM here

JAVAScript (SOAPReq) -

> ReceiveStep ---> TransformationStep ---> SyncSend(to Internet site via SOAP) ---> Transformation (to convert the Internet site response to the SAP format) ---> SendAsync(to File server)

Assuming that you do not need a CSV file anymore and VB.net program needs to be replaced

If you need a CSV file and also a SAP supported File then:

JAVAScript (SOAPReq) -

> ReceiveStep ---> TransformationStep ---> SyncSend(to Internet site via SOAP) ---> Transformation(Internet site response to File format) ---> SendAsync (Need to apply FCC in the receiver File CC to convert to .csv file) ---> Transformation (to convert the Internet site response to the SAP format) ---> SendAsync(to File server)

If there is anything else that you are looking at then may be more details would be required from your side.

Regards,

Abhishek.