cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LIS Update Issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Some billing transactions have not been updated in the LIS & SIS due to the fact that few customers & Materials did not have the update statistical check box activated. Because of that reports based on those structures are not accurate. we ahve updated the master data for the relavant customers & materials but since the transactions were made in the past, those billing documents are not showing. how can we update the statistical group (VBRP-VERSG) in those billing documents.

Regards,

shahzad

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member648947
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Shahzad,

After stressing a bit , remembered that for these faulty documents if you try it in background that might work.

for this enter the doc number and enter relevant data and Execute in Background (F9) , this is worth trying.

Regards,

Paresh

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member648947
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Shahzad,

It doesnt sound good that your problem is still not resolved.

There are two approaches

Step 1 please try only update document check box and uncheck redetermine update grp check box

I think this should update the document.

step 2 Try few more documents and see if all of them show the same error. this time use other sales area if possible

I am sure you will see some doucments are uploaded and some are not, in that case only way is to ask user to make a note of the documents which can not be uploaded and deal with it manually with cusomer.

I hope your problem gets resolved. do the needful.

Regards

Paresh

former_member648947
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Shahzad,

In your post you have mentioned that now you have maintanied the Master data, so now your customer and materials have update grp maintained.

While running the trxn OLI9 , as per my suggestion in above reply , as you will check boxes "new run", "redetermine update grp" , "update documents" should take care of the blank update grp in old billing docs.

Just to test , pick one billing doc and use the traxn with test version lets say "&(2", I am sure you will see data in test version uploaded. same doc can be uploaded in many test versions.

Regards,

Paresh

Former Member
0 Kudos

i did that but its saying the document is faulty. I changed the master data and when im performing re-determine update group it says document is faulty.

Regards,

shahzad

former_member648947
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Shazad,

you can use Trxn "OLI9" for updation of billing documents.

If the number of the billing docs are huge you can think of using 'LSMW' for above trxn and follow the process mentioned below. Take help of ABAPer if necessary, I had faced this problem in the past and was able to resolve it the same way.

if only few documents then do it manually as per following

go to above trxn OLI9, enter the info strucutre

Enter any version other than '000' e.g '&(1' i assume 000 is active version

Enter the billing doc number in SD document field.

Give name to run as 'Test'

Put termination date in future e.g 2mrw

Check boxes "new run", "redetermine update grp" , "update documents".

and execute. (f8)

This should update the old document in test version. Make sure that the documents uploaded in test version were not uploaded in 000 version to avoid duplicate entries.

once your test version will show the data get it confirmed from user.

after receiving confirmation

Go to tranxaction OLIX , and copy the test version "&(1" in active version "000".

Once user confirms use OLIX to delete the test version.

Hope this helps. Let me knw if any further help is needed.

Regards,

Paresh kolte

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your help. But i have a query, I want to update the updategroup for the billing documents in VBRP. The update group field for some billing documents is blank and i want them to be checked for update group so when i can re-run the LIS statistical setup those doduments can also be populated in the Info Structures.

Regards,

Shahzad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi shahzad

Try following

Go to T.Code MCSY select options applicable to u.

Then go to MCS/ Perform mass generation.

After that try for collective update MC3V.

Please do read documentation before executing.

Regards

Mandar