Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

DMS - Original file drawing

When creating DIR in DMS i am attaching a Autocad drawing file. Some of the users who are viewer of this DIR have Autocad installed on their desktop while others do not have Autocad installed on their desktop. For users/viewers who have autocad installed they should be able to open the original/attached file in the native application i.e. autocad whereas for others the original/attached file should be opened through SAP viewer.

In define workstation application, if i put %AUTO% for display i.e. Application type. Will it work? If not what should be done.

Former Member
replied

Hi Atul,

The entries for the new frontend type are done via the system variable 'HOSTNAME' as in the standard you can only have one DEFAULT entry. If the hostname is not maintained, the system tries to use the default entry in the customizing to get the path, where it should create the temporary local copy.

So, to solve the issue, you need to either maintain a default entry in in the customizing or assign a hostname to your computer.

1. Default entry

Call transaction 'DC20'. Double-click node 'Define data carrier type "server, front end"'. Select the respective data carrier type (e.g. 'PC') and double-click node 'Identify frontend computers'. Click button 'Default entry' in the top right corner of the table control. Note that it is only possible to create 1 default entry!

2. System variable HOSTNAME

If you run Windows XP, please go to Start -> Settings -> Control Panel. Double-click on 'System'. Click on tab 'Advanced' and then on button 'Environment variables'. Create system variable 'hostname' and assign a value'. Save the new variable.

Best regards,

Christoph

0 View this answer in context
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question