Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

rp_read_infotype macro wid LDB PNPCE ( Strange results )

Hi Guys,

I’m working on LDB PNPCE. I was writing a report my requirement is to read all the records from 0001 and 0008, I used the macro rp_read_infotype

Well Here is the sample code what I’m trying to do ..

start-of-selection.

get peras.

lc_pernr = peras-pernr.

rp_read_infotype lc_pernr 0001 t_0001 '20000601' '99991231'.

rp_read_infotype lc_pernr 0008 t_0008 '20000601' '99991231'.

write:/ 'WHy?'.

Now the funny thing with above code is that, if I’m passing the same parameter like I’m passing for ‘0008’. It just getting 1 result, ( as it has 4 records in pa0001 ) ,

But in IT0008 its giving the all of 6 records .

Then I change the code , because if you select today on PNPCE selection screen it always take today’s date no matter what you are passing . But its only behaving like that

for IT0001.

Then I change the code like

lc_pernr = peras-pernr.

rp_read_infotype lc_pernr 0001 t_0001 pn-begda pn-enda.

rp_read_infotype lc_pernr 0008 t_0008 '20000601' '99991231'.

Its working fine for both in this case , but just notice my macro for it0008 is still the same . its still giving the same records , Even I select ‘ALL’ , DAY or period on selection screen .

My understanding is that for IT0001 it always retrieves current record where as for other infotypes it reads all records and considers passing parameters like I am doing for IT0008.

Now this is very wired behavior for this macro for PNPCE. I have checked the OSS notes , There’re few OSS note which talks about this . But we are on SAPKE47052 support pack .

That OSS notes are already in placed . Is any body out there also facing the same problem if no try to code in this way and see are you also facing the same problem . Then I should better post OSS message .

Thanks a lot!!

Saquib Khan

"Knowledge comes but wisdom lingers!!"

"Some are wise and some are otherwise"

Tags:
Former Member
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question