cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem in accessing the standard transaction from Portal through RFC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Below is the error we are getting when we run RFC (which has P60) from the portal(JAVA webdynpro) which inturn uses BDC to get the spool id from the standard p60(RPCEOYG0)..

Msgid "00"

Msgno "359"

Msgtx "The transaction was terminated by the user".

But if i keep the debugger inside the RFC after the call_transaction and if I press F8 then I am getting the correct output. Could some one tell me the reason behind this ?

thanks,

Prashanth J R

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It sounds to me like the BDC or some other component being called from your Z function module requires some sort of dialog interface (maybe an "Are you sure?" type message).

When calling RFC from Web Dynpro, you should ensure that at no point in the call stack does it try to perform any dialog functions (messages, pop-up box, display screens).

You mention that you BDC does a CALL TRANSACTION at some point, you should ensure that this isn't executed when you are calling by RFC from a Web Dynpro.

Your Z function module should be able to execute from start to finish, returning the results without any dialog interaction.

I might be wrong, but it sounds similar to a problem we had a few years ago where someone had coded an "Are you sure?" message into a function module that was called from a stadard R/3 dialog screen as well as Web Dynpro in the Portal, and it broke the portal based stuff.

Cheers,

Chris

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Chris,

Thanks a lot.

In my case there are no popup created by our end but our standard program throwing printer popup which used to terminate the user when the standard program is accessed from the portal. Now I have copied the standard program to z-program and then i had commented the code which displays the printer popup and passed printer parameter manually.

Its working now.

Thanks,

Prashanth J R

Edited by: Prashanth J R on Aug 5, 2009 12:40 PM

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think when you are trying to execute this function module from WD application, input parameters are not passing to bapi.

you put external breakpoint in function module and execute WD application and check input parameter are passing to bapi or not.

Regards,

Sunaina Reddy T

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sunaina,

Userid and year getting passed in the RFC. I am facing problem once the BDC is called.

Thanks,

Prashanth J R

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

are you getting this error when you run the application in NWDS or in portal?

If you are getting this error in portal, check the logon method for the JCO for MOdel data you have.

If it is username and password , change it to logon ticket

(if you can ) or else, explicitly pass the username and password in WDJ application before you execute the BAPI.

Regards,

Satya.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have cheked the JCos, its logon ticket only. we have created a z function module which gives us PDF output in the export parameter as a XString data type. this function module has import parameter as username and payroll year and this 2 import parameters values i am passing from my webdynpro java application and after that i am executing this function module. we are accessing this webdynpro application from portal (we have created an iview from the deployed WD Application). But the problem is if you run this function module from R/3 side its not giving the eror., but when i am trying to execute this function module from my WD application, user is getting terminated from BDC session (we have created BDC session in this z function module to get spool ID).

Kindly let us know if you need any further information on the same.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

is the authentication property of your web dynpro application set to true?

Regards,

Satya.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think while debugging the RFC only these values are passing to bapi.

check that bapi.

Regards,

Sunaina Reddy T