Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delivery creation

rajavelu_vijayakumar
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I have assigned a default storage location for the plant so that when creating a delivery the same should be picked up. The deliveries are replenishment deliveries created with reference to stock transfer Purchase orders.

But when I create some deliveries for which the default storage location is not to be used, the system is not allowing to do so. System by default checks the storage location maintained in customizing and if stock not there it shows an error and stops the delivery creation.

Is there any other option to carry out some deliveries from any other storage location other than the default storage location.

Regards,

Parthasarathy.R

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Partha,

Yes, it is possible to carry out delivery from a different Storage Location other than the Default Storage Location during delivery creation provided:

1. The Storage Location entered during Delivery should be available in the Plant from which the delivery need to be carried out.

2. The material to be delivered must be linked to the Storage Location ( SL Entered during the Delivery creation alternate to the default Storage Location).

3. Stock must be available in the particular Storage Location.

If the above points are satisfied then any other Storage Location other than the default Storage Location can be used.

Regards

VKV

rajavelu_vijayakumar
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi VKV,

Thank you for your reply.

Since we are creating deliveries with reference to a stock transfer purchase order , there is no option of giving the storage location as input before creating the delivery through the transaction VL04.

Eventhough the stock is avialable in the storage location other than the default storage location, system checks only the default location and stops the delivery.

Regards,

Parthasarathy.R

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am not able to understand your scenario properly.

Can you tell how many storage location you have maintain for one plant?

What are uses of that many storage location for one plant?

Storage location is determined by three factors

Shipping point + plant + shipping condition.

Now you have only one plant and have different storage location.

So you canu2019t make changes for the plant in OVL3.

Shipping condition can be stored in MM02 for that material in Plant Data/stor. 1.

Now for one material you can have one shipping condition only.

So this also you canu2019t change in OVL3.

So you have to make different shipping for different storage locations.

By this way you can make different entries for the storage location determination.

So you can try out this option.

Because with out storage location you canu2019t do the deliveries.

And storage location is determined by the system in OVL3.

So you have to think how you want to determine different storage location for single plant.

Regards

Raj.

rajavelu_vijayakumar
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

Thank you for your reply.

I cannot find the shipping conditions field in the material master General plant data view. Also I have searched in the field sttings that whether it is hidden or not, but couldn't find the field.

How can I proceed?

Regards,

Parthasarathy

former_member550050
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Shipping conditions you will not find in MMR and that is in CMR used for shipping point determination

By mistake the other friend Mr.Raj has mentioned for storage location determination the factors as delivering plant, shipping point and shipping conditions

But it is not shipping conditions and it is storage conditions mentioned in MMR in the plant data/stor 1 Tab

It might be a typing error from his side

Delivering plant, shipping point + storage conditions determine the storage location in OVL3 t code

Regards

Raja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Sorry for my typing error.

Its not shipping condition its a storage condition.

So can check out it in material master data and do the need full changes.

Regards

Raj.

rajavelu_vijayakumar
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Raj.

Thank u.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can maintain Z table for Eg based on sales office suppose your sales office is 0001 then storage location ia 10 id sales off is 0002 then storage location is 20 like this you can do there is no standard storage location determination is involved

Ahmed