cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SMSY_SETUP does not refresh data from SLD

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi There,

We are in the process of setting up solution manager to monitor our SAP Landscape after upgrading it to ver. 7.0. We have setup SLD and added development systems to it. When we try to synchronize SLD systems onto solution manager (SMSY) using SMSY_SETUP, it does not work. The job runs successfully though. We have referred to SAP notes and made sure

that RFC's setup correctly and solution manager can talk to SLD and all the users maintained correctly (sldapicust, sldapiuser).

SMSY_SETUP job reads data from TMS/RFC though.

Thanks,

Regards,

Nischal

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Colorado
Explorer
0 Kudos

You said it reads from TMS/RFC, but of course you did re-assign the radio button to "SLD" when trying to read from SLD? Just checking, your last sentence caused me to think twice so must ask.

You can try doing this from SOLMAN_SETUP / Initial / 3 > Read Data from SLD, though I think it runs the same process (LANDSCAPE_FETCH).

After trying SLD read from SMSY_SETUP did you view SM37 for completed job LANDSCAPE_FETCH? Did it take any time, i.e. act like it actually did anything? (or did it not complete, error, etc..)

former_member575496
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi There,

We too have the similar problem. That SMSY_SETUP used to work and refresh data from SLD. However, after upgraded from SPS15 to SPS19. It stopped working. Logged a message with SAP did not get any help. After weeks of pulling hairs, we then discovered an empty table SMSY_SLD_LIST. We decided to try our luck by explicitly enter the SLD information: SLDHOST, SLDPORT and SLDNAMESPACE. And Magically!!!!! SMSY_SETUP starts refresh data from SLD again. From the program RSGET_SMSY (invoked by LANDSCAPE FETCH), the second function SMSY_UPDATE_SYS_DATE clearly uses this table to get SLD information.

Hope this applies to your issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Elaine,

Thank you for the reply.

I find that SMSY_SLD_LIST table is empty. What value did you enter for column SLDNAMESPACE?

Thanks,

Regards,

Nischal

former_member575496
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi Nischal,

The value to enter for column SLDNAMESPACE should match the setting in SLD. In our case, it is sld/active (which is the default). If you login to SLD, go to Adminstration, the Namespace appears in the bottom left. That is what you should enter for SLDNAMESPACE.

Elaine

Answers (0)