cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to consume SAP Pi Web Service

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am developing a GUI application in Java for one of my client. The application is using a web service resides at the client end.

I have simulated the web service at my end of finish up with the application.

Now my client is moving the web service to the SAP Pi engine. I want to know what can go wrong with my existing web service client which is written in the XFire and Spring technology to consume my dummy web service exposed through XFire.

I have no experience with SAP WebService but have worked well with SAP BAPI through JCo.

Any help is appreciated.

Regards,

Dhaval

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If i understand correctly, the web service is going to move to SAP PI and your java application is going to consume the web service from SAP PI instead?

There should not be major problems. You can get the new WSDL file from the SAP PI server. Using the WSDL file, you can generate the stubs easily with any good java IDE. Thereafter you consume the web service as before.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for replying.

I am using XFire and Spring for consuming web services.

As of now (with existing web services written in XFire) i am not generating any stub from WSDL.

Will this part remain same or i need to change any structure at my client. I have customized Spring Factory Bean to minimize

my client side development.

The only worry i have is the style (RPC or others) followed by the web services.

It would be great help if you can answer this.

Regards,

Dhaval

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I would believe that the people in charge of the SAP PI systems will create data types, message types, etc and then exposing it as a web service.

Hence there might be a difference in the structure and you would need to change your client to suit the new structure.

Former Member
0 Kudos

will it change the way i am accessing the web service?

like i said i am using wsdl and XFire to get me the destination reference without creating any stubs.

Ok if at all i need to change this, can you give me any reference to a sample SAP Pi web service or just sample WSDL so that i can

refactor my design accordingly.

Regards,

Dhaval