cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to format CCMS auto-reaction email ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have setup CCMS auto-reaction with solution manager. Please advise whether i can formatted the email more nicely because the standard email format is very basic.

Thank you and best Regads

Fernand

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Fernand,

You should use the method ccms_send_alert_to_alm_ccms_container_v4.

|http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/index?rid=/library/uuid/c0ee942a-1011-2a10-ab8a-c055e4870f64&overridelayout=true ]

This is some extra configuration but, this will give you the flexibility you need. Next to editing, you will now benefit of all they extras ALM gives you.

Kind regards,

Gert-jan

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member227283
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Pls refer the below SIM for configuring the auto reaction of mail.

Thanks

Anil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dirk,

I am using CEN_CCMS_OnAlert_Email method. I would like to reformat the Header and Body to make it more presentable to the user.

Please advise.

Thank You and Best Regards

Fernand Lesmana

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Get that function module the method uses. RZ21..MEthod definitions.

Get an ABAPer and copy and modify according to requirements.

I did the same.

Regards,

Kaustubh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Fernand,

when using the "classic" mailing method, you can not change very much, especially the header leaves unchanged.

But - before changing any function modules - have a look at the delivered method CCMS_OnAlert_Email_V2.

There you have various possibilities for changing the header directly in method definition (RZ21). The way ahead looks like this:

1.) copy CCMS_OnAlert_Email_V2 to Z_MailTest01 (or whatever you like ..--))

2.) Customize your copy, have a look at the parameters SUBJECT_ALERT and SUBJECT_ALERT_CONT. Here you can place your own header text.

3.) Extending the header text by variables: the method supports dynamic values for several MTEs, e.g. $SID, $NODENAME

Further possibilities:

4.) Having done 1-3, you have mails from the same sender (the CEN system). Here you can copy the method and change the sender...

5.) If you want to change the body, you need to create your own alert messages. The effort doing this is little, the effect is great!

Have a look at SE91 and create your own message class (example: Z_CCMS).

And all this without any change in standard coding. Enjoy CCMS!!

Any further questions? Just post!

Hope this helps you!

Kind regards,

Dirk

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Dirk,

could you be a little more specific? How do you use the messages created in SE91 in the alert message?

Thanks,

Peter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Peter,

of course, as this is only a little thing to do:

1.) Define your messages and message class in SE91 (depending of usage of central or local autoreactions: do this on CEN or on each system (copy by transporting))

2.) For Performacne-MTEs only you can: mark the CCMS-MTE, properties, register "methods" at the bottom you see the alert-text.

3.) Go into change mode an type your message-id in: example Z_CCMS 001

4.) Done.

As said before: you can transport your SE91 definitions via TMS.

Kind regards,

Dirk

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dirk,

thanks for your quick reply. I manged to change the alert text in the email, but it is not exaclty what I'd like. I'd like to change to whole body of the email. Is it only possible by changing the mentioned function module?

Best regards,

Pete

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Peter,

if you want to change the body of the alertmail, in my opinion the only way to do this is creating a copy of function module SALO_EMAIL...which is used in standard email autoreaction.

Regards,

Dirk

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Fernand,

there are several autoreaction methods for emailing alerts.

Which one do you use?

What do you want to change? Mail header oder body?

Regards,

Dirk

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Fernand,

I think there is not a standard mode for change mail format in this case. You can modify the function that send mail to scot in case of alert, or better you can copy it into a Z function and adapt to your wish. The function is SALO_EMAIL_IN_CASE_OF_ALERT, from SMOI Package.

Good luck.

Pablo Sanchez.