cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SUS and SRM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

Have a very fundamental query.It has been confusing me a bit.

We have implemented SRM 4.0 and have R/3 4.6c as the backend system.

Now,the proposal is to add SUS to the landscape.My questions:

Q1.]Is SUS an add-on to SRM or a separate insatallation/server?

Q2.]In SRM IMG,we have SUS node and some configuration(master data,BADI's,Technical settings etc)...what does this mean?If SUS is a separate install,will i still get the SUS nodes in SRM?

Q3.]We are planning a MM-SUS scenario.If SUS is a separate install,do we have to make any settings on SRM side?

Please direct me.

Thanks

Trey

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Trey,

SUS is a part of mySAP SRM solution.

In fact, all SUS objects, programs, services and so on are delivered in SRM solution (i.e. included in SRM Server 5.0).

So when you install an SRM, you also have all the SUS functions.

1) For production, install SUS on a separate server (usually in the DMZ). It is a new installation of a SRM system. SUS is not an add-on or an additional component to install, but included in SRM Server 5.0.

2) SUS being in SRM Server, you have got the IMG in this SRM Server. So SUS settings are made in SUS server (in the DMZ for example)

3) for SUS-MM scenario, all exchanges are made between SUS and MM, so your SRM 4.0 used for self service procurement or other scenarios has nothing to do here. The customizing has to be done in SUS (i.e. in the SRM Server where SUS is enabled).

Rgds

Christophe

PS: please don't do the same reply as Sam Jenkins on CCM addon IMG in SRM, or I will become crazy )

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christophe,

I have a query related to SUS. We have installed SUS on a seperate server for Production. NOw we have also put C folders as Add-on to SUS and never faced any errors.

We had followed these steps:

Install oracle

Install Oracle patch

Install PSU ABAP was

Activate TMS

Apply new SPAM,support packages and upgrade PI_Basis from 2004 to 2005.

Install C_projects

Apply C_project support packages

Log on to system and create client 100 with a client copy of 000 using SAP_ALL profile.

Install PSU Java WAS in client 100

Apply Java Support 16 to system

But now some are asking us to rebuild this server as we have not followed correct procedure as per them. They have given these steps. That is:

Install oracle

Install Oracle patch

Install PSU ABAP WAS

Log on to system and create client 100 with a client copy of 000 using SAP_ALL profile.

Install PSU Java WAS in client 100

Install C_projects using SAINT

Activate TMS in proper domain

Apply new SPAM,support packages and upgrade PI_Basis from 2004 to 2005.

Apply Java Support 16 to system.

Can u kindly help me out in this regard.

Thanks in advance

rgds,

Chaitra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for the input.I am aware that SUS is a part of mySAP SRM solution.In my previous implimention we had installed SUS in seperate box due to only reason of security concern.

I want to know what might be the other reason for installing SUS in seperate box.

What is SAP recommendation.Do you have any doc which talks about this.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Good overview provides Note 573383.

Cheers,

Claudia