cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transaction log grows on client copy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I'm performing a client export/import ECC 5 on SQl Server 2000.

When starting import on target client runs, it for some hours and then the transaction log gets full and stops the import.

If I choose to do a Remote Client copy will the log grow less? Or should I expect the same problem?

Would it be best to make a system copy?

Thanks in advance!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello maria,

The Log in any case would keep growing.

I would say you need to trigger online backup when you are running the client copy.

If you talk about the application log you can as well trigger the SBAL_DELTE program in background to delete application log at frequency of every 10 mins.

That keeps your Client copy alive.

Thanks & Regards

Vivek

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your answers, were really helpful

Former Member
0 Kudos

Maria,

Check out SAP Note [https://websmp130.sap-ag.de/sap(bD1lbiZjPTAwMQ==)/bc/bsp/spn/sapnotes/index2.htm?numm=421644]

Hope this helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you, I had already read that note, my database is set to simple recovery model.

But still the transaction log grows too much. My question is if a remote client copy would generate less growth of the transaction log.

Regards,

Maria

Former Member
0 Kudos

Maria,

I dont think it ll be having less number of logs in remote client copy.

Both are same only. Increase the space or taking periodic backup of the drive would help on this.

Regards,

Raja. G

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

When you are doing the client copy same number of logs will be generated either case of remote client copy of Client export of import.

To be on the safer side you can change the database to non archive mode and then do the do.copy.In this way you shall have no archive logs generated and have good performance.

Dont forget to take offline backup befoe doing in this way.

thanks

Rishi Abrol