cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Command for properties

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Does anyone know the command in UI configuration for just the properties that exist in the details?

Best Regards

Natasha

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Natasha,

Could you give me more details about you need ?

Patricio.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You have a UI command that gives you the details of a document.

What I want is one that gives me just the properties of the document (created by, modified, custom...).

Best Regards

Natasha

carsten_buechert
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Natasha,

theres even a ui command that solely contains the properties - without the rest of the details dialog-

I do not remember the exact name of the command, but if you read the descriptions of all the available commands you should find it.

The command I'm thinkin about is even existing as an external command (with the prefix 'ex' in the name) that opens a new window AND as an internal command that shows the properties in the actual window.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Carsten,

I looked for it and can it be details_properties_ex ?? Well I´m going to try

best regards

Natasha

carsten_buechert
Contributor
0 Kudos

Bingo! You can use details_properties or details_properties_ex. Worked fine for me.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot for the help Carsten and Patricio

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Natasha,

There is a command called "properties" that allow you to see details of a document. Only these tabs (system, custom, so on)

All commans can be found in:

In system administration->system configuration->km->cm->user interface->commands

When you run properties command (it's the same that execute from context menu: details->setting->properities)

you can see some tabs (system, custom, access links, so on) each one of them contains metadatas.

This detail appears depending on resource type of document. Obviously you can create new resources type and define new tabs with your metadatas for this kind of document. If you do that, when you run properties command you should duplicate this command and pass as parameter this new resource type. (All that is customizing from portal)

In system administration->system configuration->km->cm->user interface->details screen->default you can see a part of this customization. You should not modify it, you can define a new one.

In order you can understand better this configuration you have to read:

Working with Metadata Properties in KM.pdf

You can find here this document if you have any problem let me know and I send you.

Patricio.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Patricio,

Could you send me the link to the document?

Best Regards

Natasha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Natasha,

Publish your email and I send you this document.

Patricio.