cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ORA-08102 : index key not found error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Iam upgrading BI3.5 (NW2004) to BI7.0 (NW2004s) and using Oracle 10.2 database. During upgrade phase TABIM_UPG , i got error ORA-08102 : index key not found error. Tp error 12

How to resolve this error.

- Lisa

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have ran the update statistics sucessfully, but still issue did not resolved.is there any alternative solution?

lbreddemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Lisa,

obviously the "update statistics" hint was utmost nonsense.

Why should the recalculation of statistical information about the index change anything that's in the index (the key that was reported to be missing) ?

Of course you've got to know what index might be referred to.

To figure this out, you may want to check the developer trace of TP - it should contain the SQL statement that hit this error.

When you know the SQL you'll also know the table(s) that were used in it.

And once you know the tables, you know the indexes attached to them.

You may then either just rebuild all indexes for the tables you found or you run "ANALYZE INDEX ... VALIDATE STRUCTURE" for each of them first to find out, which index is the corrupt one.

hope that helps,

regards,

Lars

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lars,

Through sql, for eg, the index TBTCO~0 or ~ is not getting recognized. I tried using the sapsr3.tbtco~0, but get message that Index does not exist.

Is there any alternative?

Regards

Pras

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did any one have the solution for this issue?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I can not any indexname to rebuild.how to find which index to rebuild

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Possible internal error in index.

Run statistics all

if anyone index not run successfully then try online by

command prompt alter index indexname online; if not work then create a message to sap.

Surendra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can some one help me how to rebuild Index.

Former Member
0 Kudos

following sql statement can be utilized

alter index <index name> rebuild

or BRTOOLS

brtools -> 3. segment management -> 2. rebuild indexes -> 7. index name -> continue

check the oracle metalink too

stefan_koehler
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Lisa,

> During upgrade phase TABIM_UPG , i got error ORA-08102 : index key not found error. Tp error 12

http://ora-08102.ora-code.com/

The first step is to identify the corrupted index (normally the needed information should be logged in the upgrade / tp log).

After that it depends on the type of index and the corresponding table. Normally you can try to rebuild the corresponding index with the ONLINE clause (very important - for more information check metalink note #278600.1).

If you don't know how to do any of the mentioned steps from above i would suggest to open a SAP call for that issue.

Regards

Stefan