Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to set permissions in KM Content

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I got the following problem:

I'm working with an EP 6.0 SP 2.

Before the LDAP for the Portal was installed I've been creating some users from inside the Portal, with these users I was able to set permissions in the KM with no problems.

Now that the LDAP is installed, all the users I created from inside the Portal have been removed and created again in the LDAP. Now I cannot set permissions anymore in the KM. When I go to 'details > permissions' I just see the permissions already there (the Everybody group and the com.sap.....KMContentManager) but I cannot add, delete or save permissions.

What is the problem? Can be that any role is missing for my user in the LDAP? Can be that the fact that I deleted the previous user which I set the permissions the first time have caused any problem?

Could anybody help please?

Thanks very much in advanced and regards

Stella

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Stella,

I am not getting any idea about this behaviour. This is a not a fix, but something we can do..

Go to permissions of folder, see which role has full control,assign that role to your account thru user admin.

Once you add the role,go back to permissions, you will also see service permissions tab next to permissions tab. Add your account to service permissions, this will let you edit permissions.

-Dileep

PS: Do not forget to add points for anything useful

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dileep,

The role which has 'full control' is the com.sap.km.ContentManager. My user is already assigned to this role.

But I cannot add my user to the 'Service permissions' because I have the same problem than with the permissions, I cannot add or remove anything there.

Regards

Stella

anja_huber
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Stella,

in KM we have some System Principals (can be a user, group or role) that have a priori rights to all resources of km.

See also: http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/19/56f28fbd4e11d5993b00508b6b8b11/frameset.htm

As default there are some roles defined that have also rights to change resource permission, what means that users who have these roles do have automatically the rights to change the permissions. Within the configuration options of the system principal you can assign also the ServiceACL´s. Please check your configuration, you may assign also the service ACL´s to the role and I assume it works then.

regards,

anja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anja,

First sorry for the delay of my answer.

The link you've attached has shown me 2 things:

1st - I have not assigned the service ACL, but checking in another Portal of my other project I see that it's also not assigned, so it shouldn't be necessary.

2nd - What I've also seen is that these system groups have to be created in User Management, and just checked with the UM Team that they are not

So I'm pretty sure the error has to be due to this.

I'll keep you informed if the error gets solved by this and of course thank with points.

Many many thanks

Stella

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anja,

I have been able to solve the problem.

The fact was that in the System principals, the path that points to the PCD system objects was not the correct one per default.

I've fixed this and now I can set permissions as usual.

Many thanks to everybody

Stella

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you give more detail about which exact PCD system objects you mean? Do you mean some roles?, or systems? How EXACTLY did you solve the problem?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You should be permission owner of that folder if you want to be able to add/ modify permissions OR you account should have super admin rights.

Let me know if you need more details

--Dileep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dileep,

My account has already super_admin rights, that's why I cannot understand how I cannot set permissions.

How can I setup myself as a 'permission owner' of the folders I want?

Thanks very much and regards

Stella