Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

client proxy Http connection

balaji_pichaimuthu
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

When doing abap client proxy.. in receiver channel i speficied XI adapter.. its asking the Http destination... so i went sm59 tcode and trying to create Http connection.. what are the parameter i should give...

Connection type is "H"

in the host name what should i give host name of PI or R3.. and what is the service number how to find out the service no? what should be the prefix string. what is need of this? .. in logon & security tab.. In user name and password , do we give the values of R3 system or PI system...

Actually i gave the values like

, in Host ---> i gave the Hostname of PI system and service no as 8000

in prefix string --- > i gave '/sap/xi/engine?type=entry'

(but i got the error like 'Query string not allowed')

Please guide me

Regards,

Balaji

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

it clearly says " Target Host " , so if you are doing it in PI give details of target system (R/3) .

if you don't know ask your basis guys for host/port,

there is a good blog from michael , search in sdn for proxy.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
in prefix string --- > i gave '/sap/xi/engine?type=entry'

Remove the Single Qoutes....they are causing the problem...just give /sap/xi/engine?type=entry

First check if there is any other RFC destination (H) is created already with the same configuration....if yes try to reuse it...if not you can create new

Regards,

Abhishek.

balaji_pichaimuthu
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi abhishek,

There is no destination for r3 in type "H".

i want to create the HTTP connection to r3. so i gave the hostname of R3 system.. the system instance is '00'' so i gave the service name as 8000... i gave the user name , password of r3.

other setting are

Logon procedure---> SAP standard

status secure protocol----->

SSL--> Active

SSL client certificate---> Default SSL client (standard)

I dint give the single course i gave /sap/xi/engine?type=entry only. But still he saying "Query string is not allowed".

Regards,

Balaji

Edited by: Balaji Pichaimuthu on Aug 1, 2009 12:24 PM

balaji_pichaimuthu
Active Participant
0 Kudos

hi experts,

Now the Http destination got saved.. but when i test connection the messages is coming

Status HTTP-----> 500

Status Text---> empty HTTP request received...

what is the meaning of it?? whether its got created successfully or not??

regards,

Balaji

former_member208856
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It means it is successful.

Sandeep Kaushik

balaji_pichaimuthu
Active Participant
0 Kudos

hi experts,

Now i insert this HTTP destination in receiver CC (XI adapter).. now my sxmb_moni showing that from sender side processed

successfully... but in outbound status showing empty.. when checked the table in r3 entry was not created..

please tell me what the problem is?

And sorry my im working in Server Proxy i mean inbound abap proxy,.. i wrongly mentioned in the topic as client proxy

regards,

Balaji

Edited by: Balaji Pichaimuthu on Aug 1, 2009 1:59 PM

Edited by: Balaji Pichaimuthu on Aug 1, 2009 2:16 PM

former_member208856
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The problem you can check in the RWB, for adapter monitoring.

Check the log of your adapter, there will be an error for some field structure.

Sandeep Kaushik

balaji_pichaimuthu
Active Participant
0 Kudos

hi sandeep..

i used two 3rd party business system as sender and receiver for this scenario....is this right??

or else i should use sab as abap type business system in receiver side??

Regards,

Balaji

Edited by: Balaji Pichaimuthu on Aug 1, 2009 2:52 PM

former_member208856
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

For receiver system, if it is SAP system, use only web as abap type business system.

when both systems are SAP system, so it is fine you can use only web as abap business system.

& let me know the error of your communication adapter in RWB.

balaji_pichaimuthu
Active Participant
0 Kudos

hiii ,

I dint use the web as Abap but stil the output.. I dint activate the proxy properly in R3 system .. But now im getting entry in table.. But a small problem.. i gave the 3 fields like id , fname and lname.. but im getting part of first name in id remaining in first name and last name coming correctly.. i have checked my abap coding it was fine... i think i ill clear it...

Anyways thnks for your help experts, i will give the points to all of you.. keep helping me. lol..:)

Regards,

Balaji