cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Java Open SQL and eclipse

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

i am looking for a plug-in for eclipse which enables me to work with the Java Dictionary and Open SQL. At the moment it is not possible for me to use the Netweaver Developer Studio. If there is no plug-in available outside Netweaver Developer Studio, is it possible to define the structures manual (Is there a HowTo-document available). I would like to work with OpenSQL, it seems to be a very good db abstraction layer with some advanced cluster features.

Any idea?

Regards Edmund

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

detlev_beutner
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Edmund,

I really don't want to stop you being enthusiatic about OpenSQL, but as someone who for some time has worked with this ... <*&!$%§> - at least it seems to be my task to have you warned before...

Have a look at my experiences... , ,

In my eyes, OpenSQL puts all features that you have ever missed in any database product in one single product - as missing features! It feels like having headache and cut off hands and feet together

In my eyes, one should try to abstract the data layer, for example with one of the standard O/R mapping tools. I'm just going with Hibernate within EP, I will write some hints within the next days.

Hope it helps,

Detlev

PS: No, there are no plugins for JD/OpenSQL. Yes, there are many plugins for Hibernate