cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Webservices doubts!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

Please forgive me for boring you again with this subject, but I haven’t yet cleared my doubts…

Can someone provide me some clues?

> Is it possible use web services paradigm with an asynchronous scenario?

> To receive acknowledges that tell me if the message was processed or not, I need to define two Message Interfaces. 1) Outbound, Asynchronous 2) Inbound, Synchronous? Is it possible only with one async interface?

> In an async interface (inbound) without response message, if the message not reached the target, is it supposed give me a red flag with an error status on sxmb_moni? (I have a scenario like this and in sxmb_moni the flag status appears ok, however in j2ee monitor I see “SOAP: call failed” and another log message said “SOAP: sent a delivery error ack”!?!?! Why I can see these errors in Message Monitor? And where I can find this ack?

> To define messages interfaces (web services scenario), is mandatory download the wsdl and create an external definition with this wsdl provided by the web service that I want invoke? Is it possible doing the DT, MT and MI without wsdl?

Thanks in advance for all.

Cheers,

Ricardo.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ,

<i>

> Is it possible use web services paradigm with an asynchronous scenario?</i>

Generally, I have seen webServices are used for Synchronous Scnearios.

<i>> To receive acknowledges that tell me if the message was processed or not, I need to define two Message Interfaces. 1) Outbound, Asynchronous 2) Inbound, Synchronous? Is it possible only with one async interface?</i>

If you want to receive the acknowledgement, then it is of type Synchronous. If so , you need to have one Synchronous Interface. Inbound or Outbound is based on the scenario. For e.g XI->WebService then you need to create Inbound Synchonous Message Interface.

<i>> In an async interface (inbound) without response message, if the message not reached the target, is it supposed give me a red flag with an error status on sxmb_moni? (I have a scenario like this and in sxmb_moni the flag status appears ok, however in j2ee monitor I see “SOAP: call failed” and another log message said “SOAP: sent a delivery error ack”!?!?! Why I can see these errors in Message Monitor? And where I can find this ack?</i>

What is your WebService Data Strucuture ? i.e wsdl structure ? Is it having both Request and Response Structure ? If so you need to handle in the Synchronous manner.

<i>> To define messages interfaces (web services scenario), is mandatory download the wsdl and create an external definition with this wsdl provided by the web service that I want invoke? Is it possible doing the DT, MT and MI without wsdl?</i>

It is mandatory to download the wsdl into External definition and use it in the Mapping etc.

Hope this helps,

Regards,

Moorthy