cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Urgent : doubt about Running a stat set up

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a doubt regarding the running of a stat set up job.

Consider that :

I am running a stat setup job for billing datasource 13_VCITM,

now if any billing docs are posted during the time the stat setup is running, will they be lost?

I mean, should I not post any billing docs when the job is running?

What would be the scenario if I stop the V3 job for LIS 13?

Please reply as early as possible,

thanks in advance,

Punkuj.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Punkuj,

Which update method are you using ( queued detla or unserialized V3 update ) . While filling setup tables if you post any documents then they will go to LBWQ (queued delta )or Update tables (unserialized V3 update ) . Schedule the V3 jobs in LBWE only after filling setup tables and doing an init load in BW for the data source 13_VCITM. You can pull the documents created while doing setup in delta loads later.

Regards,

Prakash B

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry dear, but this last answer is not so correct.

Or better, you forget to add that the system can collect during its setup job the same records for which you received delta records in the queue (at the same time).

For this reason, SAP strongly suggests to have a free posting phase till the end of your setup job execution !

Bye,

Roberto

Former Member
0 Kudos

Roberto

Thanks for the Info. In that case what is the use of Early Delta Initialization

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/80/1a65dce07211d2acb80000e829fbfe/frameset.htm

Thnaks

Satish

Former Member
0 Kudos

"With early delta initialization, you have the option of writing the data into the delta queue or into the delta tables for the application <b>during the initialization request in the source system</b>"

In other words, you can reopen your system during the initialization (delta load), but not during the setup job...

Anyway, take a look to my weblog about new delta methods in LBWE...

Hope now is clearer...

Bye,

Roberto

Former Member
0 Kudos

Roberto

Thank You for Good Info.

Sat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks you all for a your help..

Roberto,

just a query...

you mean to say that,if an application document is posted when the stat job is running, it gets picked up by the stat job.

At the same time, it goes into the delta queue also and it gets pulled up again when I run the 1st delta load after the init load has completed.

So, stopping the V3 wouldnt help me in any way ?

Have I interpreted it correctly ?

Do let me know...

Thanks..

Punkuj.

Former Member
0 Kudos

It's not enough, because V3 is only a scheduled job and it simply takes data from the queue...where data are automatically collected when you activate a transfer structure for a specific application component !!!

And you need to do so, otherwise you cannot run the setup job...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Roberto,

I am clear now why we should stop doc. postings during the setup job...

but regarding V3, i have a query...

1. the V3 jobs will be updating the delta queues?

How does this affect the process of filling the setup table? I mean, what would happen if I dont stop the V3 ?

2. Do I have to ensure that there are no entries in LBWQ before I run the stat ?

Can you please provide insight on this..I would really appreciate that..

Thanks ,

Punkuj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Roberto,

I have found the answer for my query..

thanks a lot for ur patience..

awarded u full points for tht

btw...I had a diff doubt....

Consider a problem :

I have a infoOject, say storeId.

I have loaded its master data.

Now, I have to find the count of master data entries in the InfoObject ( i.e the no. of store Ids that are present in the InfoObject).

How do you find this count? Is it possible that I can make this counting at the query level?

thanks again,

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi dear,

the problem is that you can receive DOUBLE records, because you can post a record in setup table and at the same time in delta queue...so, you have to execute your setup job during a free-posting period...

Hope now is clearer...

Bye,

Roberto

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Punkuj,

Sorry but during the Set-Up you can't post any document related to this application component.

Ciao.

Riccardo.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Punkuj

You could post billing documents while you are running the start setup job and those documents will come in the next delta.

Thnaks

sat