Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Livecache and Database use for Key figures in DP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

Can u pls verify some comments:

In DP, Firstly, if it's auxillary key figure, it'll never stored in livecache, it's in database only. Those key figures should not be used for serious calculation. Because calculation in database is slow. Secondly, for normal key figures, if it's used in a default macro, when you work on planning book, they'll be saved in database, only after you click Save, it'll then be stored in Livecache. So, if you have many default macros, your database might be clogged. So, it is not recommend to use many default macros.

Thanks,

Hai

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Firstly, if it's auxillary key figure, it'll never stored in livecache, it's in database only. Those key figures should not be used for serious calculation. Because calculation in database is slow.

We use auxillary keyfigures in DP for macros. these keyfigures will be created directly in Planning book, so there is no link to live cache. To remind you always the CVC and Keyfigures will be linked in planning area once the time series is created in in PA, that is nothing but physically the storage space is allocated in Live cache. the auxillary keyfiugres we use to store some values during the the macros for a temp storge. where before end of the macor we wil take the value into other calucution and we will save the results finally.

simple example: first i am adding A+B and storing the values in C, and next step in the same macro i will use C for next logic calc.

I do not want to store the C values in Live cache becuase that is a temp values and i wil not use it any more after the macro is completed.

Secondly, for normal key figures, if it's used in a default macro, when you work on planning book, they'll be saved in database, only after you click Save, it'll then be stored in Livecache. So, if you have many default macros, your database might be clogged. So, it is not recommend to use many default macros.

If you recall, when the macro are run the values are stored in live cache directly, where a default macro results can be stored in live cache till you save the plannig book. Data base here in case is just like RAM memory where it is used to quickly get the data, since it is a temp memory it can not work beyond a limit, where the perfomance will be matter.

Mainly, using default macros has very much performace issues...., the entire logic of macor has to run once you load the data, it means you need to wait til the macro has run and the resutls are loaded to planning book...., as the macros are default macro are the time taken more to run and wait till all of them to complete to load the data in planning book.

Hope you get some flash on the above

Yarala

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yarala,

Very good input. Thank you. I'll keep it open, and welcome more comments.

Thanks,

Hai