cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Constraints

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a req,wherein i need that a particular Role should be able to modify only those records where <field1>= xxx.

Plz guide me where all and what all security settings will i req?

Thanks

AJ

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amruta,

You can also make use of Named Searches, Create a named search in Named Search table using Data manager, set the search criteria to field=<xxx> and save the search as Named Search. Now set this constraint for the desired role. With this whenever user with that constraint role logs into data manager will able to see the records having field=<xxx> and since the named searches are dynamic, it automatically add the new records having field=<xxx> to search criteria.

Regards,

Jitesh Talreja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jitesh,

Thanks for your help.

But this setting as mentioned by you,will limit the DM records view to the particular Role.

Is there a way that the Role be able to see all the DM records but be able to edit only those records whose Field1=<XXX>.

Thanks

AJ

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi AJ,

yes you can do that by using "LOCAL SEARCH" feature. Save the set of reords as per your search criteria(Field1=<XXX>) and name them accordingly in local search. Then when you log on to DM,you can retrieve each set of records and edit.

Regards,

Bis

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Thanks

AJ

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi AJ

if the field is of type Lookup then you can define a constraint based on its value.

Go to console, select the role and in tables tab select the value for which you want the

role to have read write access.

best regards

Ravi

former_member208981
Contributor
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.