cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

info package for hierarchie

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi, all,

wenn i try to creat an info package for the hierarchie master data, there is no hierarchie to choise in the hierarchie selection. An active hierarchie exists for this character and the info source has 3 posibilities to choise the kind of an info package. The source system is PC_FILE. The data should be loaded from a flat file.

Any idea?

thanks in advance

neven

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Neven,

The preview is possible. You need to select the "Idoc" as the transfer method. Also try changing some of the parameters in the "external data" tab like data seperator. Just try changing the data separator from "," to ";" and again change it to "," and the preview option would be available. It does work!!

Bye

Dinesh

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Neven,

If your source system is "flatfile" the you would need to create the hierarchy. You can create it from the hierarchy tab of the infoapckage itself. There is a "create" button at the bottom.

Bye

Dinesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi, dinesh,

thank you for the qiuck responce. Now I've got the hierarchie, but it's not possible to click the PREVIEW button to check the loading. Any idea?

best regards

neven

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Neven,

For hierarchies the privew button is not possible for flat file source system. It is possible for transaction data loads , mater data loads ( attributes , texts ) from flat files but not for hierarchy loads from flat files.

Regards,

Prakash B

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi, Prakash,

i'm not shure. In an other system i do load from the same flat file and it is possible to preview. The only restriction is, that it's not possible to select the amount of rows to be shown.

best regards

neven