cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shop on Behalf - don't want to register catalog for the users

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a requirement where a group of users supporting Internal procurement for whole organization wants to use catalog created exclusively for them to handle particular range of products. To accomplish this requirement they will be using shop on behalf feature which will allow them to shop for internal users.

In above approach we have one problem we would not like these internal users to use this catalog (created exclusively for this group of users) but when you use "shop of behalf" functionality you will see catalogs only if the catalog is available in the attribute of the users for whom behalf you are shopping and if we maintain these catalogs to all users and then we will not have control or restriction and every users can use shop using these catalogs.

Appreciate if anyone can give me pointor to accomplish this requirement. FYI we are on SRM6.0 with MDM for hosted catalog.

thanks, Sachin

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sachin

You could also create a named search within MDM to limit items that are seen by certain users.

You would then need to add the namedsearch parameter to the OCI call in the web service.

You then add this web service catalogue attribute to the specific users.

Regards

Keith

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

take a look at the following thread: [Hide OCI catalog links|]

This is for SRM 5 and I know there has been a big technical improvement, but the general principle still applies. Just create your own logic to remove the link for normal users and leave it there for the ones you need.

Regards,

Robin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Robin but this will call for change in standard code and I don't want to go for it until it is a last option. We are exploring option to handle this requirement through webdynpro enhancement. Will update this thread if we are able to get through it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

No change in standard code, just using the standard enhancement tools that SAP offers in the new WAS server. The enhancement you make is in customer space (Y or Z). I don't see why a Webdynpro enhancement is any different than the solution I proposed.

This is nearly the same as the use of BADIS (except for the checks surrounding BADIS).

Regards,

Robin

samar_jose2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi try to create a new catalog with a diff cat id, validity area etc and assign all respective prod cat to it which needs to be accessed by this grp of user's then maintain the cat id in the call structure and assign this cat id in ppoma_bbp attribute.This should serve your purpose.

Rgds

Saj