Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SMTP configuration on many landscape

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

I have a question about SMTP services

I configurated this services in developer system and I want to configurate in QA system the I finished the configuration in QA system with the same datas of dev and the services not working. when I did test i got this message.

Message cannot be transferred to node SMTP due to connection error (final)

I don´t know Why is the problem if I put the same values in the configuration (port, name nodo, etc) in both system

thanks for help me

Regards

danny

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Most likely because your DEV system IP Address is populated on the Relay Agent of you SMTP server and your QA system is not.

Just add the IP Address of QA to the Relay Agent of you SMTP Server.

Regards

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks for your suggestions

I have been checked the confguration again but the services in QA still not working.

Juan: i have a quetion where is Relay Agent? for checking

thanhs a lot

danny

Former Member
0 Kudos

Relay is on SMTP server and is used to 'relay' the SAP mails to the outer world.

just ask your system or network/smtp administrators to check it

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As said by Anjali, Relay Agent resides on you SMTP Server (example: MS Exchange)... Relay agent allows requests coming from you SAP system to be sent without authentication as it Trusts (Relay) the source.

Regards

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

I put the ip address of mail server in hosts file and the SMTP worked I did the test and this test is ok , but I did the test again and I got thismessage

Internal error: CL SMTP RESPONSE ESMTP error code is not known._554_554 5.7.1 <dsan

Message no. XS829

Diagnosis

An error occurred in program CL

Error text: SMTP

Additional information:

RESPONSE

ESMTP error code is not known._554_554 5.7.1 <dsan

System Response

Message processing terminated.

Any idea?

thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please checking agian the server name in the files mail server

Regards

DS

Former Member
0 Kudos

check if attached guide helps you.

[http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/af/73563c1e734f0fe10000000a114084/content.htm]