Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error when trying to print a form

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I'm getting the following error when I try to print a form (transaction SFP - Form Builder):

Cannot find PDL type for output device LOCL

Message no. FPRUNX113

Does anybody know why I'm getting this error? I get it for all forms I try, but not when e.g. I print some source code in se80..., so I guess it's not due to my printer settings.

tia,

Jeroen

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

daniel_carvalho
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jeroen,

Maybe you don't have in the TSP03 table the Printer Declaration for the LOCL Output Device (TSP03-PADEST field).

Please take a look at SE16 transaction to confirm it.

NOTE: Try to see also the ADS_GET_PRINTER_ATTRIBUTES function module and the LFP_PRINTPRI include, the error you are getting is occurring in the Line 60 of that include.

Regards,

Daniel Carvalho.

6 REPLIES 6

Former Member
0 Kudos

Do you have a local printer mapped in SAP?

Usually BASIS team maps something called LOCL so that it takes the default printer of your system to print the data.

Regards,

Ravi

0 Kudos

Yes, a local printer has been mapped...

0 Kudos

hi jeroen,

here my suggestion is y don't u try to print with someother printer

check weather ur getting the same problem again

otherwise it should be the problem with the printer settings

Regards,

Naveen

daniel_carvalho
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jeroen,

Maybe you don't have in the TSP03 table the Printer Declaration for the LOCL Output Device (TSP03-PADEST field).

Please take a look at SE16 transaction to confirm it.

NOTE: Try to see also the ADS_GET_PRINTER_ATTRIBUTES function module and the LFP_PRINTPRI include, the error you are getting is occurring in the Line 60 of that include.

Regards,

Daniel Carvalho.

0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

I've checked TSP03 and there is a LOCL Output Device.

I've also checked LFP_PRINTPRI in debug mode and at some point it is looking in TSP0B for TSP0B-PATYPE eq 'SWIN'. Such a record does no exist in TSP0B, but in TSP03 there is a record with PATYPE eq 'SWIN', it is the same record where TSP03-PADEST eq 'LOCL'...

Jeroen

Former Member
0 Kudos

See also .

<Markus Meisl>

...which lists a possible solution.

Message was edited by: Markus Meisl, SAP NetWeaver Product Management