cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connection to SAP gateway failed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Guru's

We have imported ESS portal content in our PRD portal, however when we try to reach some ESS services the following error message appears, help needed

Connect to SAP gateway failed Connect_PM TYPE=A ASHOST=nldbpd00 SYSNR=01 GWHOST=nldbpd00 GWSERV=sapgw01 PCS=1 LOCATION CPIC (TCP/IP) on local host with Unicode ERROR partner 'nldbpd00:sapgw01' not reached TIME Fri Jul 31 14:34:57 2009 RELEASE 700 COMPONENT NI (network interface) VERSION 38 RC -10 MODULE nixxi.cpp LINE 2823 DETAIL NiPConnect2 SYSTEM CALL connect ERRNO 10060 ERRNO TEXT WSAETIMEDOUT: Connection timed out COUNTER 2

I allready set the JCO Pool numbers to 100 etc.

Variable CPIC_MAX_CONV is set in Windows.

Has this something to do with RFC-connections? Or do we need to open a port?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Connection of the portal was set to DEV instead of PRD that is why the connection failed.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have a system called PD0100 with system alias PHO_ASP.

The Iview properties all link to this system so that should not be the problem in my opinion.

Also using standard SAP content like for example the Iview adressess you can not define any systemconnection in the properties.

I guess their has to be something wrong with RFC or JCO connection.

Edit:

Looking closer at the service it calls sapgateway sapgw01 wich is the gateway of our acceptance system, the service should call gateway sapgw00 wich is the gateway of our PRD system. How can we fix this ?

Edited by: Stephan Luijbregts on Jul 31, 2009 5:18 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stephan,

Go to SM59 and open your rfc connection and then in gateway service you can change and give a try.

Regards,

---Satish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Stefan,

Take a lot at this blog and try to troubleshoot:

/people/shabarish.vijayakumar/blog/2008/01/08/troubleshooting--rfc-and-soap-scenarios-updated-on-20042009

Also try to post the same issue in portal forums for more answers.

Regards,

---Satish

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

This is the connection issue. Check your system details mentioned in the iview properties.

Regrads,

Ganesh Khandekar