Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

SAP Web Dispatcher Setup

Hello,

I am trying to load balance BSP request to a WAS servers. We want to setup the SAP Web Dispatcher on a server that does not have a full ABAP application server installed on it.

According to the help documentation (http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/e9/3bb7f8f6ea4e938ef0b9687cbb6c14/frameset.htm) only the sapwebdisp.exe and the profile need to be installed on the server that would be in the DMZ. However, when I try and start the sapwebdisp.exe on a server that doesn't have a full application server installed on it I get an error "The image file SAPWebDisp.exe is valid, but is for a machine type other than the current machine."

I have found other documentation that said the icmon.exe, icmbnd.exe, and icman.exe are also required to run the sapwebdisp.exe.

If I run the sapwebdisp.exe on a server that has a full ABAP application server installed on it everything works, but we do not want to put a full WAS in our DMZ.

I am trying to make this work on a Windows 2003 w/SP1 server.

Has anyone gotten this to work? If so, any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Thank You,

John

replied

Dear John,

the message from the OS seems to indicate that you are attempting to run an executable say for a 32 bit platform on a 64 bit platform. What are you running Windows on? Is this Intel 32 bit? Or IA64?

Regards,

Tim

0 View this answer in context
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question