cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Web Dispatcher Setup

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am trying to load balance BSP request to a WAS servers. We want to setup the SAP Web Dispatcher on a server that does not have a full ABAP application server installed on it.

According to the help documentation (http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/e9/3bb7f8f6ea4e938ef0b9687cbb6c14/frameset.htm) only the sapwebdisp.exe and the profile need to be installed on the server that would be in the DMZ. However, when I try and start the sapwebdisp.exe on a server that doesn't have a full application server installed on it I get an error "The image file SAPWebDisp.exe is valid, but is for a machine type other than the current machine."

I have found other documentation that said the icmon.exe, icmbnd.exe, and icman.exe are also required to run the sapwebdisp.exe.

If I run the sapwebdisp.exe on a server that has a full ABAP application server installed on it everything works, but we do not want to put a full WAS in our DMZ.

I am trying to make this work on a Windows 2003 w/SP1 server.

Has anyone gotten this to work? If so, any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Thank You,

John

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

John,

You are right, the help is a bit off....

Have a look at Note 538405, there you find that you also need icmbnd and icmon (win and Unix). On Unix you will also need a few libraries from the disp+work package.

libsapu16_mt.so

libicui18n.so.30

libicuuc.so.30

Should be enough, but if you need something else then sapwebdisp will complain at runtime and you can just add missing libs as needed.

Nick

Former Member
0 Kudos

Nick,

Thank You for your reply. I did review this note and have downloaded all of the programs the note references, however I still get the same error: "The image file F:\usr\sap\WD1\sys\exe\run\sapwebdisp.exe is valid, but

is for a machine type other than the current machine.". The EXE runs fine on a Windows 2003 server that is running a full blown SAP Application server install, but when I try and run the Web Dispatcher separately it doesn't run.

Unfortunately we may have to give up on it and use a different method of load balancing, like a hardware load balancer. I wanted to avoid this because it will not load balance according to the message server and will basically just round robin the requests without checking the business of the application servers. By using the ping ICM service it will know if the server is up or down, however it won't know how much load it has.

Do you have any experience using hardware load balancers?

Thanks,

John

tim_buchholz
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear John,

the message from the OS seems to indicate that you are attempting to run an executable say for a 32 bit platform on a 64 bit platform. What are you running Windows on? Is this Intel 32 bit? Or IA64?

Regards,

Tim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Tim,

I am trying to run it on a Intel 32 bit system. After you said that I realized I copied the sapwebdisp.exe from an IA64 system. Once you pointed that out it seems extremely obvious.

Thanks for you help.

John

Answers (0)