cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

One ERP Sender to Multiple PI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am currently evaluating the possibility to connect one ERP to more then one PI that belong to the same organization.

The idea would be for instance to send customer to PI_1 and vendors to PI_2 (it's an example, the reasons for this approach is not relevant).

I am interested in asynchronous communication, for this reason I am not tacking into consideration, RFC and enterprise services (even if a few of them are asynch they do not provide features like EOIO queue name specification, and ack).

Now, for sure the proxy technology is not appropriate, it is not feasible to connect one ERP to two different PI as you can only specificy one single integration engine.

For this reason the only possibility I see is to evaluate this scenario with IDocs, infact they offert the possibility to define in the source system partner profile different routing (different RFC destination for different receivers).

My doubt is now related to PI, and in particular in PI_1 and PI_2 with a share SLD, where the business system of the source will be associated to only one integration server (PI_1 or PI_2), so there is no chance to associate the business systems with both, and this means I do not see a chance to define a receiver determination for sender in PI_1 and a receiver determination for sender in PI_2.

What do you think about it?

Did you had experience regarding such scenario or some ideas to share?

Regards,

Sergio

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member181962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sergio,

I once heard in one of the threads that it is possible to have two Integration servers for the same SAP R/3 system.

As an alternative, can you consider this approach?

Customers:

ERP - PI1 - Customer

Vendors:

ERP-PI1-PI2-Vendors

Regards,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

no, this is not an option that we can consider.

Regards,

Sergio

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sergio,

If you are using PI7.1 there is an option of using WS adapter for achiving this.

Also in one of our desing approach where we were sending the data from SAP system to another PI system PI_2 lets say, while it was early connected to PI_1 syatem , we follwed the following approach.

Here SAP1 is connected to PI_1 and SAP2 is connected to PI_2.

SAP1--

> SAP2--

> PI_2

Here we used a RFC connection between the SAP1 system and SAP2 system. So we just bypass the SAP2 system and communication happened between SAP2 and PI_2 system using proxy.

Thanks

Ajay Garg

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

you said to use the WS adapter but this would mean to not have ack and EOIO features available and this means to me like a step back considering what was available with IDocs and Proxies.

Additionally, I do not see how WS would solve the problem of the source system on the SLD, you would in the same way have the problem of one system connected that needs to have two integration server.

Regards,

Sergio