cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Technology for external Java client using SAP db tables and BAPIs

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

I need to develop a software as external java client (application, not in the browser) which must be able to use SAP database tables and BAPIs. The software should be started out of the SAPGui with a connection against SAP already. The customer mentioned something like "should use the J2EE"...

Where can I find help/documentation for this issue how to develop such a program/about possible technologies?

Can I develop a stand-alone java program with the NetWeaver developer studio or only web dynpros?

Can I use normal SQL/Open SQL to access the tables with java or do I have to use some BAPIs to get the data?

Thanks,

Konrad

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Benny
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Konrad,

> Where can I find help/documentation for this issue

> how to develop such a program/about possible

> technologies?

Theses are the Connectivity and Interoperability Doc of NetWeaver Java:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/ed/89746bea5011d6b2e800508b6b8a93/frameset.htm

> Can I develop a stand-alone java program with the

> NetWeaver developer studio or only web dynpros?

You can do both.

>

> Can I use normal SQL/Open SQL to access the tables

> with java or do I have to use some BAPIs to get the

> data?

To access the ABAP data you have to use BApis/RFC. If you want to persist some data on the Java side, you can use OpenSQL.

Regards,

Benny

Former Member
0 Kudos

>> Can I develop a stand-alone java program with the

>> NetWeaver developer studio or only web dynpros?

>You can do both.

that is the important question to me! Can you give me a hint where I can find docu how to build a stand-alone java rich client (with the NetWeaver DevStudio) for SAP?

Thanks,

Konrad

Benny
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

How about <a href="http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/0e/aa8a8a68d2425b88712aa11e172e06/frameset.htm">Developing Application Clients</a>?

Be aware you are using the RMI/P4 protocol (described in the link of my last message), that means you should know about the loadbalancing provided there though your client can run a cluster of servers!

Regards,

Benny

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can use JCo (Java Connector) APIs to write standalone java programs that can communicate with R/3 and vice versa.

As you want to call Java Program from the R/3, there is option using Jco where you can start Java (JCo) server and register it as RFC destination in R/3...

You can download JCo from the SAP service marketplace and find more on this in the tutorial, examples included in zip file.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Benny!

Thanks for the link... I think this is the technology I need. Do you now a good docu or book to buy where this technology is described in detail? The books I can find in the internet about SAP and Java always talk about Java Business logic and WebGuis (WebDynpro)! I want to know more about this "Developing Application Clients"!

Thanks,

Konad

Former Member
0 Kudos

OK!

I managed to develop a small jave server which can respond to a call from SAP in ABAP for a specific function. But I did not manage to use this java server to call to SAP for an BAPI. To create and use a function to call a BAPI in SAP you need the following objects:

JCO.Client

JCO.Repository

How can I create this objects without the LogIn information? Does the server object has this objects/information already?

Thanks,

Konrad

Answers (0)