Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exception in Adapter Framework

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm receiving the following error from my Adapter Framework:

Exception caught by Adapter Framework: Cannot lookup the ra connectionfactory. Reason: Path to object does not exist at XXXXX, the whole lookup name is deployedAdapters/XXXXXX

This error occurs in the 'delivering' step from Integration Engine to Adapter Enging: messages continue staying in that status. When I restart the Adapter Engine, the message are set to System Error, so I can work around it, but I'm more interested in why this error occurs.

I'm using a XI 3.0 system, SP 17.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

the adapter has to register in JNDI with the name "deployedAdapters/sample_ra/shareable/sample_ra" as you have specified in ra.xml.

check whether the SPIManagedConnectionFactory,java file and the SampleRA.xml file, the JNDI name in both the files is deployedAdapters/sample_ra/shareable/sample_ra.

The JNDI name should be:

deployedAdapters/com.sap.aii.adapter.sample.ra/shareable/com.sap.aii.adapter.sample.ra

Check the name in NWA: Problem Management -> JNDI Browser.

Adjust your adapter metadata accordingly.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

The problem was solved: the adapter itself was first stopped, then the Adapter Engine was restarted, and last the adapter was started. So the error stating that the adapter could not be found was 100% correct and explanable.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Could you tell me the steps to restart the adapter and the adapter framework?

I appreciate if you could help on this.

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can do that in the Visual Administrator. Just look for the corresponding service and restart.

Answers (0)