Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Timeout processing large file using ABAP mapping

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

II need some help with this timeout issue. I have the following scenario:

JMS --> PI (ABAP mapping) --> R3 (Idoc)

When I test this interface with a 20Mb flat file, it failed giving a timeout error on the dialog process.

After modifying the timeout parameter (rdisp/max_wprun_time) to 30 minutes the mapping is successful.

Is there anyone with a suggestion how to deal this problem without modifying the timeout parameter?

Splitting the flatfile is not an option in this case.

Best regards!

Roy

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

what do you do inside the abap mapping?

Regards,

Sergio

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sergio,

The abap mapping is creating 3 idoc's from the plain txt file.

These Idoc's are then send to ECC.

If you want more details, I have to ask an abap programmer to provide them.

I've found out that the mapping is not causing a problem in the lock-tables.

Br,

Roy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

it would be usefull to have a look at the abap code, maybe there is some space for improvement there.

Regards,

Sergio

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sergio,

The abap code is working, that's not the problem.

I'm actually looking for a switch to make it possible to run the mapping as a background process and not using a dialog.

Br,

Roy

Former Member
0 Kudos

For sure it works,

the point is if it can be improved in terms of performance, for instance using 3 parallel dilalogs instead that just a single one to produce the target message.

Regards,

Sergio

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sergio,

Thanks for your help. I will ask our ABAP developer to look at the code, I'm positive he will find a way to improve it.

If you have other tips let me know!

Regards,

Roy

Marçal_Oliveras
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I'm agree with Sergio, if the mapping works it's just a performance problem. Or maybe you are processing too large files (20MB maybe is too much for your hardware). Then maybe you have to find a way to split the file...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Splitting the file is an option, I've asked the operator of the source system to split the files before sending them to PI.

According to our interfacing guidelines the maximum size of an interface file is 4 megabytes.

I believe this is the best solution for now.

Thanks for all your replies!