cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Manipulating the "How to...display comments" using javascript

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I had the ‘grand’ idea of pulling the comments (re the How To..document) into my web planning page and positioning them wherever I choose.

This is possible if I can ‘get in’ to the iframe, read the HTML and then manipulate the items positions etc…BUT…I am getting a “permission denied” javascript error when trying to access the contents(html contents) of the embedded BSP (which has been set up per the “How to display comments in web” document).

The reason for the error, from my research, has to do with the security around scripting across iframes – i.e. scripting between my WIB page and the embedded iframe (BSP) page which contains the comments.

Further research has also indicated that cross-frame-scripting is only possible if the domain property of both the parent web page and the iframe embedded page are set to the same domain name….

This I did using javascript statement in a text island in my WIB:

document.domain = "MYDOMAIN.COM";
document.getElementById('myFrame').document.domain = " MYDOMAIN.COM";

Unfortunately it has not solved my problem….

So, are there any technical geniuses out there who can suggest the correct way to use javascript to read the HTML data in the embedded iframe without raising a ‘security’ error…..?

Thanks and regards,

Rael

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member93896
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rael,

this seems to be a general issue regarding BSP. I suggest to post it to the as well.

Regards,

Marc

SAP NetWeaver RIG