Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reg: Closing and Opening Web Dynpro Application in same browser

former_member206441
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Experts

In my webdynpro application when i click a button another web dynpro application is opened in another window(another browser) .

But i want to open the second web dynpro application inside the same browser in which closing the first applicaiton and opening the second web application in same browser window .

Please guide me to do this.

Regards

Arun

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi ,

Exit plugs have the special property that they use the defined URL parameter. After you have created the URL parameter in the parameter list on the Outbound Plugs tab page in the window editor, you can specify a value for this parameter in the method that calls the exit plug.

ref

link:[http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70ehp1/helpdata/en/48/ca3351508f04e7e10000000a42189c/content.htm]

it would help u

regards,

amit

Former Member
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

U can exit one application and open another application in same window by specifying the url while u fire the exit plug (created in the window ) in the handler of the inbound plug (created in the window)as,

wd_this->fire_<plugname>_plg(

url = '<next application url>'

).

Note: Create an outbound plug in the view and fire the exit plug of the window here

Thanks,

Divya.S

former_member206441
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Divya

i tried with wd_this->fire_to_exit_plg( url =w_url close_window = close_window ).

w_url is the link for opening new web application when an event is triggered,

but it is showing error message as w_url is not type compatiable with formal parameter"URL"

i also checked the data type of url it is string data type.

Regards

Arun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

why u need to pass close_window?

Its enough if u speicfy application url while firing the exit plug in the handler method which will close ur first application ans open the second in the same window.

It has worked for me

Thanks,

Divya.S