cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP license check error : cannot read licenses

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello

I installed a new permanent license on the system on ERP6 running MAXDB 7.7.04 28 and all was working well until i stopsap and rebooted the system.I am now getting an error Login in failed check license key

i logged on as SAP* and checked trxn slicense the license shows that its installed but when i looked under the section Licenses in the database its empty .It looks like the database is not checking the license.

if i try to install a temporary license it says rc of SsfEncode: 11 = SSF_API_ENCODE_FAILED = ASN.1 encodin

Any ideas to fix this problem will be welcome as users cannot log in now.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

Frank answer worked for us also. We have changed two below parameters and it worked:

ssf/name

ssf/ssfapi_lib

Just trying to figure out what cause this, I belive we have recently migrated our servers from one vendor's DC to another vendor's DC might be they were using some SSF stuff which is not yet being configured/installed new DC.

Regards,

Mukul SHarma

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The database just stores the license, it does not "read" or check it.

Licenses are database bound so you can't install an Oracle or SQL Server license into a MaxDB system.

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Markus

The license i installed is for Maxdb .the license multiple.txt reads :SWPRODUCTNAME=NetWeaver_ADA .

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> The license i installed is for Maxdb .the license multiple.txt reads :SWPRODUCTNAME=NetWeaver_ADA .

and what do you see in slicense? Is it "green" and the key is the same as you see in the transaction?

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

in slicense they don`t show any licenses there but on the current settings

Active Hardware Key P00XXXXX

Installation Number 002XXXXX

License Expires On 31.12.9999

System Number 000000000XXXX

and if i click on the new license tab there no license being shown wether red or green there is nothing there.

Licenses in the Database

StatSID Hardware KeyValidity Inst.No. System No. Key

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi gurus

i realised that if i start and stop the system users are able to log in.i have checked the license from the dos command :

C:\Documents and Settings\xxpadm>saplicense -show

saplicense: no license entries found

C:\Documents and Settings\xxpadm>saplicense -test

Protocol saplicense test:

• Read sapsytem name

saplicense: test failed

***Can not read profile parameter SAPSYSTEMNAME

Start saplicense with -test pf=<profile>

any ideas are welcome

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

ERP 6.0 and other systems based on Netweaver 7.0 and higher use signed license keys. The old keys installed with "saplicense" don't work for new installation.

Request a new license key at http://service.sap.com/licensekey and install it using transaction SLICENSE and the "new license" button.

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

i think i managed to solve it ,the problem was being caused by a profile parameters:

ssf/name

ssf/ssfapi_lib

so iam trying to figure out why

Former Member
0 Kudos

solved

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI.

Could you let me know how did you resolved this? I am having the same issue.

I added the following parameters for SSL, my sandbox is working fine, but when I did this in DEV. i am getting the error.

Here are the paramters, but I had to commented it out because I couldn't start the app up.

SSF/NAME

SSF/SSFAPI_LIB

SSl/SSL_LIB

Please advise.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hola Revisa esta nota. es muy buena...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Team,

For me it worked by adding the below details in /etc/services file

sapms<SID> portnumber