How to call the RFC after successful execution of the Stored Procedure

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Everyone,

Kindly provide me the solution for this:

Sender : RFC (system 1)

Receiver : JDBC (system 2)

Receiver : RFC (system 1)

I need to configure 2 receivers, but requirment is that after my stored procedure is executed successfully in receiver system, i need to send some particulars details back to sender system. But, my stored procedure is not having any response. So, how can i handel the call of next RFC after the execution of Stored procedure successfully.

needs your valuable suggesstions.

Thanks

Nutan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member187339
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nutan,

>>But, my stored procedure is not having any response.

Rewrite your SP to retun the required field. Then you can make a RFC <-> JDBC sync interface

else once the SP is triggered call another SP in Database which send request to XI (this is a bit tedius). In this case you have two interface(h async RFC to jdbc and reverse)

Regards

Suraj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As per the suggesstions,I need to change the SP, but is there any other way to without making any changes in SP.

Regards,

nutan

former_member187339
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

One of the way can be to write a DB trigger which will get invoked when this SP is executed and inturn give the results to XI.

another one can be to create a new SP which will keep checking the affected records (based on some flag) and provide the result to XI.

Regards

Suraj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Everyone,

Thanks for all your valuable inputs. I got the solution without doing any changes in SP. I am just posting the file in an internediate location after the successful execution of SP and then picking that file and sending the response through calling the other Bapi to sender system.

Regards,

Nutan

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Using the two interfaces in Interface Determination one for JDBC and other for file.

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You may use BPM. After async JDBC call, you may wait for ack and based on ack, you may proceed with next send async step for RFC? Can't you simply change SP to accommodate response?

Regards,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nutan,

handel the call of next RFC after the execution of Stored procedure successfully.

If this needs to be properly acheived in the design , you need to get the response back.

Until unless the response is not coming from the stored procedure , how the system will decide the execution of stored procedure is success or failure ?

Receive the message from RFC--> Update/insert uisng the synchronus reciever JDBC CC --> Update the RFC using the response from the stored procedure.

Hope this helps you.

Regards

Sunil.