Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Parallel processing in LSMW

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

How different files run concurrently in different sessions as background jobs in LSMW.

4 REPLIES 4

abdul_hakim
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi

basically there are no limits.

say you have 3 files,1 header file and 2 line items files for VA01 transaction.you can process all the 3 concurrently.

Cheers,

Abdul

Reward points for all useful answers.......

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abdul,

The problem is something like that we have 10 big files, in order to save processing time we want to rum them in parallel. But in LSMW we can only define the file in Specify file step where at a movement of time only one file or one set of file can be specifiled. And in any particular session that file can run only.

0 Kudos

If you read the manual on LSMW (Service.SAP.com/LSMW) this will tell you how to set up wildcards for the input and converted filenames. You then need to define the value range for the wildcard values.

'*' is the value to use in the file names.

MattG.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Atul,

i am not clear about your question

to process the records first of all u need to read the records right

for this purpose u need to specify the each file one by one then read the records n create the sessions for the respective files do the same process for all the files

then after u finish creating all the session u can process them one by one session in the background i think

if u need the material related to lsmw let me know i will farward it to u

Regards,

Naveen