cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Advantages of third parth adapters

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

I would like ti understand the need for using I-Way Adapters. For Eg., If i want to do integration between mainframe and SAP i can do using File, JDBC adapters. Why do i need third party adapter? What advantages they will bring us?

Thanks & Regards,

Senthil.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

In addition to Prateek's reply,

iWay adapter is being used to run transaction directly on IMS(application integration), using JDBC or file you can not do that.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for the response. Could you please explain direct transaction bit more?

Regards,

Senthil.

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check this out

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/index?rid=/webcontent/uuid/9044e6b5-2f98-2b10-b2bf-ebc7f7cc4a8a#sect... [original link is broken]

You will fing here how Iway adapter for Mainframe communicate through it without using traditional File or JDBC adapters. This facility is available with third party adapters to ensure that communication is made in most generic and comfortable way using the protocol that Mainframe understands.

Regards,

Prateek

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you already have some mechanism to connect to your required systems, then there is no need to use Third party adapters. But there are many cases, like EDI communication, where there is no adapter in PI which can accomodate the requirement. So in that case, only options are to create your own adapter (which could consume lot of time and effort) or to go for third party adapters. Suppose you stick to use of file adapter in place of many other systems, then you have to compromise on various security features available with third party adapters.

Regards,

Prateek