cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Printing Multiple languages in Script

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a script that should print the data in Asian languages such as Chinese, Japanese etc. I am using a custom font based on ARIAL. Unfortunately the script is unable to print in these languages and instead displays the data in hashes. I have a number of standard Texts(SO10) that are also created in the respective languages and even those display in hashes. When I use the same custom font in smart forms. It does not have any problem. It displays the languages currectly.

Regards,

Vipin Rajan.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

alex_m
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Whats you log on language?.. Please loggin into appropriate langyage then see the output...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I tried the SE63 approach but it does not seem to be working.

Alexander :

I dont have access to the logon language.

Thanks

Vipin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

TO maintain the Script in Japanese use JA and Use JPMINCHO Font and also check whether your printer is capable of printing japanese and other asian language characters. and call u Script based on the log on language .

surya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Use the statement SET COUNTRY... in script, it automatically converts the text in the given country language and it can be used only in sapscript.

Are you using this? if not, try it once. Hope it will help you.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thank you for all your answers. I created different forms for different languages each containing the requisite font for that particular language. e.g Chinese --CNSONG etc . I called the required form from my print program based on the output language.

Thank you again

Vipin

becky_sander
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello,

You mention " When I use the same custom font in smart forms. It does not have any problem. It displays the languages currectly". Displaying and printing are processed very differently. Can you confirm that the smartform actually is 'printing' it properly to the same printer you were trying to print your sapscript to?

If neither smartform or sapscript is printing properly, then I would suspect your printer driver is not supporting your custom font.

Becky

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vipin,

Plz check the link given below:

Hope you will get help from it.

Thanks & Regards,

Sarita Singh Rathour