cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CrystalReportViewer Failed to Open the connection Unable to retrieve Object

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am getting the following Error on trying to view a report in the CMC and the Infoview.

CrystalReportViewer

Failed to Open the connection. ReportName

Unable to retrieve Object.

Failed to open the connection. ReportName

I have recently re-installed Crystal Reports Server XI on a server after a disk failure. I had a backup of my CMS database. I reinstalled the Crystal Servwer without atttaching this database, however crystal did not create a new db so I attached my old one.

I have deleted all my old ODBC connections and recreated them with new names and then reconnected my reports in Crystal Reports XI using the "Set Datasource Location" option and the report works fine.But as soon as I try to view it after uploading it as an object onto the server, I get the above error.

Any help would be appreciated.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am tagging into this unanswered question as well because I think I have a similar issue. In my case I have a report which runs correctly in Crystal Reports designer but when I move it to the scheduler it fails on a "Failed to connect" to the report. In have used "Set data location" to no avail. When I go to Admin Tools and look at the complete list of datasources for all my reports this particular datasource is listed twice. The group of reports under one of the datasources works correctly. The reports listed under the second datasource all fail. The two datsources are spelled exactly the same and when I sompare the database details for a successfull and a failing report using this datasource they are the same (in the console and in infoview).

I have also checked the ODBC connections on the Crystalserver and there is only one occureence.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think the issue has been resolved

The fix for this was to set the Report Job Server, Cache Server and Page Server services to run under a domain account instead of Local System.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Does any body know where I can go to actually get support for this product?

I really need to know how to get this up and running...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Simon,

Does the ODBC connection name and server details on the server match those on the client? You can export the client ODBC connections from the registry and import these on the server to ensure name/server match.

If you add a report with no datasource can you view it on the CMC or InfoView?

If you want vendor support then you could log a ticket through service.sap.com