Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tab Order in Visual Composer Input Form

patti_gray
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am trying to set the tab order on my visual composer input form. I enter a number in "tab order" but it does not seem to have any effect on the tab sequences. Tabbing is sequential when I set layout to "horizontal" or "vertical" but not for "absolute". I would like to use the absolute layout - does anyone know why I cannot control tab order?

Thanks.

Edited by: Patti Gray on Jul 31, 2009 2:13 AM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Normally 'Tab order' works fine for all the fields & it works as per given in SAP Library. But sometimes it doesn't work so there is workaround which i tried & it works fine in my case. IN the form you have created all the fields, just hide all the fields. & then select one by one as per the sequence you want. It works.

You can go to 'Layout Board' & there also you can arrange the sequence.

Have i understood your problem correctly? or you are looking for something else.

Regards

Sandeep

Edited by: Sandeep Patki on Jul 31, 2009 6:10 AM

patti_gray
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Thanks for the input, - you described my problem exactly. But, I tried hiding all my input fields and then unhiding in the order I wanted, but still does not correct the tab order. No matter what I do, the tab order does not change. I am now looking onto disabling tab order all together, but I can not assign -1 to the tab order for my input fields - the tab order reverts back to zero. Have you had any success with tab order -1.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Is it working through the 'Layout Board'. There also you can directly change the position of the tabs. Just click on the tab & move it. Or you have tried this also?

Regards

Sandeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

yes i too noticed that the value is reset to zero when we use -1 in the tab order, not sure if this is working.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check this link, this will give you some idea..

Regards,

Rk.