cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

editable field on a table using TAB key

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, everyone, I have one little issue, i have one table in my app, and the user wants to use the tab key to change the focus and be available to edit the content, the problem is that if the user press the tab key the focus works, but the field it is not editable without cliking one time to the field. I tried to initialize the context attributes linked to the table with an empty string like " " but nothing changes. Any suggest? thanks !

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Get the last patch.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Get the last patch.

siarhei_pisarenka3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Isaac

This is an issue of your Webdynpro version. I remember it appeared only in the specific version then such behavior was fixed by Webdynpro team. Try to upgrade your NW Java server's SP to the newest version.

BR, Sergei

former_member197348
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Isaac,

If you have elements (records) in your node already then pressing the tab will take you next field you can edit it directly. I tried in NW 7.0 SP 14 version. I created one value node and added 3 empty elements. I am able to navigate to next field and enter text into that field (in the table but first time you need to use mouse). If you can explain little more that what have done we can help you, I guess.

Regards,

Siva

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Tab is only to focus the UI element. If will not generate any custom event (server round trip). So as per my knowledge its not possible to make editable of an inputfiled using tab movement...

Regards,

Charan

siarhei_pisarenka3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>

> Tab is only to focus the UI element. If will not generate any custom event (server round trip). So as per my knowledge its not possible to make editable of an inputfiled using tab movement...

It's possible. There are no any round-trips or server events here. Just client's browser behavior.

BR, Sergei

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I guess it works with tab+enter. That is after pressing tab, then you should press enter key to edit the value in input field.

Regards

Raghu