cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Budgeting in SRM

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI All

We are planning to implement Budgeting Functionality.

Requirement

Company set up Budget based on cost dimensions like Cost Center, Project, Division, Customer.

For eg: Suppose we have Budget for CC 5100 say around 10000 USD, users create a Shopping Cart for this cost dimension, if the cart value is under 10000 USD its fine, otherwise it should throw a warning message saying that "Shopping Cart exceeded the Budget LImit" and should trigger a work flow (Budgeting Workflow) for approval in case the SC exceeds the limit.

Please can anyone tell me how the standard SRM functionality works and the steps to implement it.

Thanks

Venu

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Azad

Thanks for the update.

Let me tell you my scenario more clearly.

We have approval matrix set for a company based on Five Cost Dimensions

1.Cost Center

2.Product Line

3.Division

4.Project

5.Customer

Based on the combination of the above dimensions we have approvers set in the approval matrix.

(We too have Generic entries)

The Shopping cart goes to the approver by the Cost Dimensions entered in the Shopping cart.

We have around 30-40 Cost Centers for a Company Code.

My requirement is i need to set up Budget for Cost Center, which is my main cost dimension i.e all the Cost Centers available for that Company Code.

I need documentation regarding this.

Thanks in advance

Venu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venu,

You can either assign the budget for teh organistion. But if you have one CC assigned to multiple orgs, then please use the badi BBP_BUDGET_CHECK

Regards

Azad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Azad for your update.

Please can you let me know how to maintain the "Budget Data" on cost dimensions like Cost Center.

For eg for a specific CC 1000 i need to maintain 5000 USD, where to maintain & how to maintain the Budget Data.

Thanks in advance.

Venu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venu,

In SRM you can specify the budget at three levels.

User - through personalisation ( This has highest precedance)

Role - through transaction pfcg.

Organisation - through ppoma_bpp(Organizational Unit ->Extended Attributes ->Purchase Order Limits->User Budget).

Hope this helps.

Regards

Azad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Azad

Thanks for the suggestion.

Please can you provide me with the configuration steps to implement the same.

Thanks

Venu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venu,

This is standard functionality. Please define the budget and you should be able to see it. In case you want a higher level of control please use the badi BBP_BUDGET_CHECK.

Regards

Azad