cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File Adapter explicit looking for a file

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

in a current project I get a file in, that contains several file names I have to process. So I can configure a file adapter to pick up this file, no problem. But after that I have to process this file and look for the files mentioned there.

The only way I think about currently is to create a ABAP mapping, that gets this "introducing file" in and looks for the others and sends these files for instance over a RFC sender.

Has someone an idea for a better way to do this?

Thanks in advance

Regards

Olli

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Satish,

I also looked at this possibility, but when I do this I have the other files in the attachment and can not do a mapping on them.

But I will check, if I can also send the other files as "independent" messages out of such a modul.

Thanks

Regrds

Olli

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I feel the best way would be to use Adapter Module exit. Process you primary file and get the names of the secondary files and process those either send secondary files as an attachment or according to your business logic.

You can get a how to guide for developing adapter module at following location https://websmp206.sap-ag.de/~form/sapnet?_SHORTKEY=01200252310000071155&_SCENARIO=011000358700000002...

Regards,

Satish