Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SOSG transaction: Hide Utilities -> SAPConnect Administration

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am trying to look for an alternative for SOST tcode to give to users, since SOST has more access and it is difficult to control via security authorizations objs. I did find SAP Note 836463 that says how to customize SOSG transaction to hide some of the options. I did apply this note and was able to remove\hide most of the critical access from SOSG but was not able to hide Utilities -> SAPConnect Administration

Has anyone be able to hide this ?

Thank you so much for your help

Sid

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

There is no check going on when moving from SOSG or SOST to SCOT(SAPconnect administation) in your system.

I am not sure what release are you on.but take a look at SAPnote:1172450.

4 REPLIES 4

sdipanjan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can go for Varnat Transaction. First you need to create a Transaction Variant of SOST where you will be able to make some fields, Tabs of SOST Invisible as per your own wish. Then you create a Variant Transaction (say ZOST) by using the Transaction Variant of SOST.

For more details please search with SHD0 in security forum.

Regards,

Dipanjan

Former Member
0 Kudos

There is no check going on when moving from SOSG or SOST to SCOT(SAPconnect administation) in your system.

I am not sure what release are you on.but take a look at SAPnote:1172450.

0 Kudos

Thanks everyone for your wonderful insight on this

Looks like the oss note : 1172450 will address my issue.

I will let you after applying this note how it goes

Thanks again

0 Kudos

Problem solved by applying note 1172450