SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EDM Load Profile

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I am having a problem uploading the IDR meter interval profile kwh with a device replacement done in the middle of the month. The older profiler has been allocated to the new device but still the profile data would not load. The month after this month has no problem in uploading data.

So in summary the profile data upload for April is OK, May(with Device replacement not Uploading) and June is again loading OK

Can anyone help out?

thanks

8 REPLIES 8

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Omer,

You need to de-alloacte the device from the profile and allocate new device/register to the same profile role and profile header.

You need to do this POD as well.

Thanks

Vinod

0 Kudos

Vinod thanks for the answer. I did a full replacement on the device I checked the profile and it has transferred to the new device but the profile values still do not update for this month. However the effective start day date of profile is same as on old device. Is there anything else i can check???

Omar

0 Kudos

Hi,

After replacement is done..You need to alloacte the device/register to the Profile header through the Profile Role.

Thanks

Vinod

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Omer,

since April and June work fine, I assume the set up is correct. You might check:

how does EDM1 (Monitoring) look like?

how does the upload interface react on a device exchange?

Hope this leads into the right direction.

--Tom

0 Kudos

Tom,

I looked into the graphics on the profile value upload and the profile value update fails at 1st may 2009. However The device change is done mid month in may. The profile values do not load starting 1st May till the end of may. Than june 1st onward they upload ok. Let me know if there is anything else i should look into?

One more question does this condition require a summary profile at the POD level?

Thanks

Omar

0 Kudos

Omar,

since it works fine except for the month with the device exchange, I do not believe that you need to do changes on POD level (only).

To me, it seems like a consistency check, maybe 'Import Values Without Overlapping'

spro: Energy Data Management > Interface to External Systems > Import Check

fails. It must not necessary be that particular spot. My client does all validation checks in the upload interface, but this is the area where I would dig into. We e.g. had trouble that the register factor of the new meter was different than the one of the old meter, so the upload was rejected.

What happens, if you upload into that profile the full month of may via EEDM07? Is the upload of an excel file accepted?

Regards, Tom

0 Kudos

Hi Thomas

I use SWUS to process idocs and upload profiles. How would this be done through EEDM07? cant find any option please clarify.

Also is there any other manual way of uploading profile values?

Omar

0 Kudos

Omar,

EEDM07 is exactly for upload/ download of Profile Values via

Microsoft® Excel in an OLE (object linking and embedding) interface. This interface allows you to:

· Display profile values in Microsoft® Excel.

· Change profile values in Excel and save the changes in an Excel file.

· Export profile values (including status) from SAP IS-U-EDM to an Excel file and edit them at your workstation.

You see a tab with an Excel sheet.

Hope this helps, Tom