Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why CUA (Release 7.00) is Not Working with Old Clients(Release 4.6C, 4.5B)?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

We have CUA (release 7.00) that is not working with older release clients. I implemented 2 release 7.00 clients to CUA; they both work fine. However, when I implement some older release clients (like, 4.5B, 4.6C, 6.20 and 6.40) to CUA, I can only create ID and pull out to client, but roles do not go through.

It is kind of argent.

Do anyone know how to fix it????

Thank you for reading this.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

> It is kind of argent.

I think you meant "ardent"...

THe word u r g e n t is blocked by our content filters, because a while back everything was like that and these forums are actually discussion forums...

Anyway, sounds like faulty config or perhaps a problem with logical system assignment.

Have you checked that? Also check in SCUL?

That you can create users but not assign roles might also be that in the lower release systems they are checking activity 22 (assighn) AND 02 (change) to assign the role. Doesn't make sense, really....

Check the drop down menu in table PRGN_CUST for the option to change this, and compare whether the settings are different.

Cheers,

Julius

Edited by: Julius Bussche on Jul 30, 2009 11:34 PM

2 REPLIES 2

Former Member
0 Kudos

> It is kind of argent.

I think you meant "ardent"...

THe word u r g e n t is blocked by our content filters, because a while back everything was like that and these forums are actually discussion forums...

Anyway, sounds like faulty config or perhaps a problem with logical system assignment.

Have you checked that? Also check in SCUL?

That you can create users but not assign roles might also be that in the lower release systems they are checking activity 22 (assighn) AND 02 (change) to assign the role. Doesn't make sense, really....

Check the drop down menu in table PRGN_CUST for the option to change this, and compare whether the settings are different.

Cheers,

Julius

Edited by: Julius Bussche on Jul 30, 2009 11:34 PM

Bernhard_SAP
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Pat,

what is the message in SCUL regarding the role assignements ?

What is the status of the idoc in the low-release-child system ?

which version of userclone do you use for that systems? Try a lower version....

b.rgds, Bernhard