cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CE 7.11: Trouble with Configuration of a Connection Factory

ttrapp
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I have trouble configuring eis/SAPJRAFactory connection factory like it is described in [http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwpi711/helpdata/en/48/883f9f77323cb8e10000000a42189d/frameset.htm] - section client configuration. I saved values for SAPClient, UserName, Password, ServerName as IP adress of an ABAP system and PortNumber as system number but the status flag is still red. I entered some values within the pooling flag but I wasnu2019t able to make this resource available.

Has anyone a solution or can tell me how to get more information about that error?

Best regards

Tobias Trapp

BTW: JEE application tc~sapjra failed to start u2013 perhaps due to missing configuration. But I donu2019t know why it should bother me because I need a client scenario: Java calls ABAP.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

siarhei_pisarenka3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Tobias

As I remember before configuring Connection Factory the corresponding Resource Adapter should be cloned. The operation Clone will create a new application based on tc~sapjra. After this the new application CF properties should be configured.

BR, Sergei

ttrapp
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sergei,

thank you for your answer. I think I understand it better now.

Can you say whether I am right or wrong here in the following questions?

1.) It seems to me that we have to configure the Resource Adapter in an outbound scenario, too, although in SAP Library the configuration is mentioned for an [inbound scenario|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwce711/helpdata/EN/6f/1bd5caa85b11d6b28500508b5d5211/frameset.htm] .

2.) The reason for this is simple: it seems to me that a misconfigured Resource Adapter (here SAPJavaResourceAdapter15) has the consequence that all depend JCA Connection Factories fail because JEE application tc~sapjra fails.

3.) A misconfigured JCA Connection Factory has only consequences during runtime, tc~sapjra is running and so a Resource as well as the Resource Adapter.

Thanks in advance,

Tobias

siarhei_pisarenka3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Tobias

>It seems to me that we have to configure the Resource Adapter in an outbound scenario, too, although in SAP Library the configuration is mentioned for an inbound scenario .

I think this is not necessary. Configuring properties of Resource Adapter is only required in Inbound scenario. Actually Resource Adapter looks like a simple container for Connection Factories.

>The reason for this is simple: it seems to me that a misconfigured Resource Adapter (here SAPJavaResourceAdapter15) has the consequence that all depend JCA Connection Factories fail because JEE application tc~sapjra fails.

When we configured the RA/CF we always cloned the JEE application tcsapjra (with help of API). So we had our own application, let say customapp which was a storage for our RA and CF.

BR, Sergei

Answers (0)