Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2 Instances in Configtool and offlinecfgeditor after System Copy ABAP+Java

josep_casas
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hello,

I've done a system copy ABAP+JAVA of a XI3.0 (WAS 6.40) and after the system copy I've my system up & running.

The problem is:

After I have finished the System Copy (Export and Import) of the ABAP and Java part I'm doing the pre-steps for the Upgrade to PI 7.1.

Ok, following the note 1061649 on the point "Checking the Consistency Between Primary Application Server Instance ID and Box Number" when I check this point I'm in trouble because my Java ID (the same Java ID of the source system of the system copy) isn't the JAVA ID that the checks waits for my destination server.

The result of the check is:

java -cp instanceidcheck.jar com.sap.sdt.check.InstanceIdChecker ID84971 21 XIDDVEBMGS21sapxid

The calculated instance ID is ID2190439

WARNING!!! The source system ID that you provided (ID84971) is different than the one calculated (ID2190439)

You will have problems installing the shadow system and running the migration.

Then, I go to see in configtool my InstanceID and I see that I have 2 InstanceID's....the instanceID ID2190439 that is empty (no dispatcher and no server0) and the instanceID ID84971 that has dispatcher, server0 and is the instance which is starting when I type "startsap sapxid".

Can you tell me why is happening that ??

Regards,

Albert

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We are also facing the same issue anyone have the solution???

Regards,

Sayendra.M

Former Member
0 Kudos

When moving an SAP system from one host to another or changing SID or instance number with SystemCopy,

the tool automatically calculates and sets the correct values for instanceID, instance box number

and other properties needed for the AS java and upgrade tools to run correcly.

Have you moved your SAP system to a new host, SID or Instance number without using SAP SystemCopy tool in past for your source system ?

Are you using the New Instance ID & Box number ?

Did you changed any value after system copy any Instance ID or Box number to source system values?

And did you tried option 3 as said in the note 1061649?:

option 3. Check the results:

The following message is displayed, when the box number was changed without changing the primary application server instance ID.

WARNING!!! The source system ID that you provided is different than the one calculated

To solve this, restore the original box number.

If no message is displayed, the system is consistent with regards to the primary application server instance ID and box number.

Thanks,

Surendra

josep_casas
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Have you moved your SAP system to a new host, SID or Instance number without using SAP SystemCopy tool in past for your source system ?

I did a system copy from one host to another host but the SID and Instance number remains the same. I always do System Copy's using SAPInst and method Export-Import

Are you using the New Instance ID & Box number ?

I suppose yes, but I'm not sure

Did you changed any value after system copy any Instance ID or Box number to source system values?

No, I did not changed any value after system copy. The only thing I did is complete the file instance.properties with values of the source system because the file that I had as a result of the System Copy was incomplete and the AS Java was not starting. Once I completed the file with the data of dispatcher and server0 the AS Java started without any problem. Is possible that's the mistake ?? Is this is the mistake, how can I recreate the creation of the instance.properties with the small file that was generated by System Copy ??

And did you tried option 3 as said in the note 1061649?:

option 3. Check the results:

The following message is displayed, when the box number was changed without changing the primary application server instance ID.

WARNING!!! The source system ID that you provided is different than the one calculated

To solve this, restore the original box number.

As you can see in my previous message, the ID's are diferent, but I don't know how can I "restore the original box number"...I just can see that the box number of the source system and the destination system are different.

If no message is displayed, the system is consistent with regards to the primary application server instance ID and box number.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I've the same problem.

The problem as I can see is that the Import of the System Copy has generated one Java Instance ID (the same of the source system) on the destination system but moreover has installed a new Java Instance ID without dispatcher and server0.

Then, there is one inconsistency here because we've 2 Java Instance ID's....one is operative (the same of the source system) and one isn't (the installed and empty)....

And the problem is that, per checks on note 1061649, the Java Instance ID that the Upgrade will wait will be the Java Instance ID is the "new" Java Instance ID that hasn't dispatcher no server0.

How can resolve that ??

Albert

Former Member
0 Kudos

Java Instance ID is always specifc to the system, it should not be the same as source Java instance ID. A new Java Instance ID is created when you do export/import of Java system. Looks like Java Instance ID84971 is the same as source system ??? which is wrong. And the Instance ID checker tool is looking for New instance ID(ID2190439) based on Instance ID calculation.

What is the Java instance id showing in instance parameters when you see from RZ10?

j2ee/instance_id ID2190439 or ID84971

If you find ID84971 change it to ID2190439 and try again checking witch Instance ID checker.

If you are experience in doing manual changes in configtool you can try the following actions..

You can logon to configtool and you can create missing values in dispatcher and server for the new instance ID.

Once you find everything good you can remove the Old instance (ID84971) from configtool.

Note: Before you start this take export of cluster_data which is in offline confitool. If any thing goes wrong you can revert back to the old config.

Check the values of New Java instance (ID2190439) in confitool by going to...

goto -> offline configtool -> cluster_data -> Propertysheet instance.properties.ID2190439

check all the parameters, by comparing with old instance ID84971

Check the values of dispatcher and server under the new instance ID in confitool by going to...

goto -> offline configtool -> cluster_data -> server and dispahcer options

you can also compare with the existing server values of instance and if any changes required you can try modifying the values. If you think all parameters are correct you can remove the old java instance (ID84971) from offline configtool once you are done, then close the configtool and reconnect to configtool and see the new java instance status.... And if you find server and dispatcher values in that you can restart the java and run instance checker tool ... Which should solve the problem...

If you think the above solution is difficult to perform then you can uninstall Java and again do export/import of Java which may solve the problem. And Simultaneously take up this call with SAP.

The below wiki page talks abt your problem

https://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/JSTSG/%28SLTG%29%28SAPJUP%29+Problems-P7

Thanks,

Surendra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Just one question about configtool...how can I create the dispatcher node below the right Instance ID if not exists ?? On configtool I can create one server node, but I don't know how can I create the dispatcher node.

Regards,

Albert

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Albert,

how you resolved this issue. we are facing same problem, newly created instance id is empty and now we want to create dispatcher underneath, we can create server nodes but not dispatcher.

which approach is better, whether to change instance id of old node that is same as in source system or its better to create new dispatcher and server nodes in empty node?

I have one more question. If you experienced software provisioning manager, there is option to change SID, instance no and hostname. if we change SID through provisioning manger it will change instance id or not. if it will change instance id then we proceed with this option because import / export repeating takes too much time and after that there is possibility that same thing happened again.

Regards

Bilal