cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help needed on Enterprise Services

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am currently working on an upgrade project and as part of the upgrade process we would like to replace the existing custom RFC BAPI calls in R/3 4.6C with Standard SAP Enterprise Services in ECC 6.0/AFS 6.3 system.

I am new to ES concept and can anyone please help me out with the following things:

1. List of all Transaction Codes for ES ( I am already familiar with the TCodes - SICF, SPROXY, SOAMANAGER and SE85)?

I would like to know how to map the R/3 BAPI structures to Proxy Structures? Is there any TCode to go through the field documentation (for e.g. for IDOCs we have SE60)

2. How to search for the relevant Enterprise Services for the existing RFC BAPI/FMs used currently?

For e.g. I would like to find a relevant Enterprise Service for each of the existing custom RFC BAPIs:

a. Get the Sales Order Details by providing the Sales Order Number

b. Get the status of the sales order by providing the Sales Order Number

c. Get the Sales Order Quantity and Amount aggregated at Division, Header and Item level.

d. Get the Shipment Details

e. Get the sales order schedule/size level details

3. How to Test the Enterprise Services?

4. Any Documents/Resources where i can know more about the usage of ES?

Thanks in Advance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Following is answer of yours questions:

1. You know almost all the transaction.

2. This is somewhat not so easy but you can find all the services on ES workplace (http://esworkplace.sap.com/) and read details about them on wiki and then chose whichever fits your requirement. However if you dont find your service then you can create service out of existing BAPI/RFC (not recommended because of low reusability).\

Sales order belong to "Order to Cash" bundle (read more about bundle in wiki: https://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/ESpackages/OrdertoCashEnterpriseServices) you can find all services here.

(a) SalesOrderERPByIDQueryResponse_In_V1 (other versions also available, use whichever suits you).

(b) Same as above.

3. ES can be tested using WSNavigator and by providing correct wsdl of your ES.

4. ES workplace contains all the relevant information (one stop shop).

Read about Order to Cash here :http://esworkplace.sap.com/socoview(bD1lbiZjPTAwMSZkPW1pbg==)/render.asp?packageid=DE0426DD9B0249F19515001A64D3F462&id=C3D3B294081411DA1503000BCDDC2565

Regards,

Gourav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gourav,

Thanks for your quick response. The things that you shared are really useful.

I have following open questions,

1. I am not sure how to do the field level mapping of existing RFC Function Modules/BAPIs to the enterprise service.

For e.g. when you go to SE85 and enter the Service Definition as ECC_SALESORDERERPIDQR3, you can see the class: CL_SLS_SALESORDERERPIDQR3 and method: II_SLS_SALESORDERERPIDQR3~EXECUTE_SYNCHRONOUS.

For e.g. AFS sales order in the backend system stores the product attributes like grid value (PhysicalPropertyValueCombinationID), requirement category (RequirementSegmentationPropertyValueCombinationID) at schedule line level. But for enterprise services, these attributes are present at the sales order item level. Each AFS schedule line has been mapped to a unique subitem in the sales order.

So, do we have any documentation which we can use for mapping the fields (like WE60 / WE30 for IDOC fields mapping). In the above case how to understand that requirement category in AFS SO is mapped to RequirementSegmentationPropertyValueCombinationID in Services?

2. Under Order to Cash ES bundle i am not able to find the relevant services for the following:

b. Get the status of the sales order by providing the Sales Order Number

c. Get the Sales Order Quantity and Amount aggregated at Division, Header and Item level.

d. Get the Shipment Details

There are many bundles and services available, so how to find which one will suit our needs. Is there any simple way to do that or the only way is we have to go through each of the service parameters manually and check for its usage?

3. I actually wanted to know the step-by-step process to set-up and invoke the Enterprise Services (configure and test), i do have the document "Configuration of ES using SICF and SOAMANAGER" but with that i am not able to understand the complete flow for testing. So, can you please refer any link or document which walksthrough the entire set up for testing the ES created in ECC.

I know that for an ABAP service definition available in ECC, a WSDL is generated automatically and it issues an URL for the generated WSDL. But i don't have any idea how this WSDL or URL will be invoked and how the end-to-end process looks like?

Thanks in Advance.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It is not necessary that behind every ES there is RFC/BAPI exist but wherever it exist you can see field mapping in class of that particular ES (mostly method "Business_Logic").

Fields in ES is based on GDT (Global Data Type) which in turn based in UNIFACT standard so they are very muich different then RFC./BAPI or typical ABAP field name.

Service I suggested for getting SalesOrder detail is same for status as well, if you see in output of that service you will find status also otherwise refer to different versions of read sales order service.

Services are classified into Bundles/Industry/Business Process etc for easy searching and any functional consultant can help you to identify correct bundle for ES, if you are not sure then you can use search feature to search correct bundle and relevant service, thats how I did it.

I suggest you read wiki section of SOA to get basic idea, there are good elearning also available to show you end to end process including testing.

Search SDN for "Service Provisioning in ABAP" and also see elearning section of SDN.

Regards,

Gourav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gourav,

Thanks for your response. I appreciate a lot for your effort but sorry for the delayed response as i was away and just got back to work.

Some of your answers were quite convincing but still i have some questions based on the answers provided by you,

1. I am still not sure about the field level mapping for the standard services.

You said - It is not necessary that behind every ES there is RFC/BAPI exist but wherever it exist you can see field mapping in class of that particular ES (mostly method "Business_Logic").

Here i just want to emphasis that i am not looking for RFC/BAPI behind the ES but all what i am trying to say by field level mapping is how to know which sales order field (in backend) is mapped to which field in the ABAP Proxy class of ES? Is there any T-Code or any other methodology available to acheive it.

2. I went through the eLearning section and found few end-to-end process demos which dealt of implementing Java Beans and all but was not able to understand clearly. So, not having clear idea on how to implement, consume and test an ES. Do we need Java beans project developed?

If you can provide me a link for the same it would help me a lot.

3. I would like to know how to create our own custom ES or Enhance the standard ES?

Thanks in Advance.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Enterprise Service Enhancement Guide: https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/index?rid=/library/uuid/c0bb5687-00b2-2a10-ed8f-c9af69942e5d&overrid...

> Is there any T-Code or any other methodology available to acheive it

No there is no transaction which can tell you about field mapping except using SPROXY you should see in code, in general field names are harmonized name and should be understood by functional consultant.

> Do we need Java beans project developed?

No, service can be implemented using ABAP or JAVA or any other web service compliance language, all ES provided by SAP implemented in ABAP so you don't need JAVA unless you decide to implement some out-of-box service in JAVA.

Java mostly used for developing composit services (cocktail of 2 or more services), Java is also used where you don't want to touch your ABAP core and want to provide solution out-of-box.

See some articles below:

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/index?rid=/library/uuid/b0f3cf81-e6da-2a10-6891-ef321fdc1a6b&overrid...

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/index?rid=/library/uuid/60cb2b4c-af72-2b10-a3a2-a2f718d2a565&overrid...

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/stage/ServiceEnablingin+ABAP

There is one e-learning from Thomus Jung, I am unable to find it right now but you can search as well.

Regards,

Gourav