cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Locks in SM12

0 Kudos

We have an issue with "hung" locks and it seems to be occurring with our CIF traffic as the RFC communication ID we have is ALEMASTER and all the queues contain an ALEMASTER ID. Once we hit 40,000 locks in SM12 due to the setting we have for the size of the table we start to recieve lock table overflow errors.

What I would like to know is if there is a way to limit the number of Locks that a particular ID can take on a system (Enqueue)?

David

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

Thanks for the info but unfortunetly that won't help we already have the configurtion for Queue types to be set to "Inbound" processing. The transaction is /SAPAPO/C2. I don't want to play with the block sizes as this opens up potentially more issues and has been configured based on recomendations from DBAs/Performance/Testing and SAP Notes and consultants.

We've had a a couple instances where we've had a process that just hangs on to locks and a lot of them (40,000+) and I was hoping that we could limit the number of locks 1 ID can hold to prevent 1 ID / Process from basically killing the box. Do you know of a way to configure SM12 to only allow a cetain % or hard number of locks an ID can take?

Thanks David

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi David,

Even i am facing a similar issue , mine is pretty less size 10MB around 12000 entries.

Did you find any solution for that?

Regards,

Ameya

aparna_ranganathan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

David ,

As you have correctly mentioned lock overflows are caused when the system exceeds the maximum number of locks allowed.

One way to solve this problem is to increase the number of locks in the system. But this needs to be taken up with your DBA team.

The other thing you can check is the type of queue you have . I think in SPRO you would have made the setting "outbound queue from R/3" which means R/3 just pushes all the data at once to APO without considering if APO has enough work processes to process all the data .

Try changing the queue type to "inbound queue to APO" . This will take into consideration the work processes available in APO and APO system will have control of how much data it can process at a time and it will pull the data accordingly. Another thing you have to check is the selection block size you have set in R/3 SPRO for T_MAT. If it is a suffeciently large value then try changing it to a smaller value . Because this field will also have an impact on the number of locks consumed at a time.

Try these things and let me know

Thanks

Saradha